PDA

View Full Version : HELP...I NEED PLANTS

FIREMAN
09-13-2000, 11:25 PM
JUST GOT THE GO AHEAD(AND A NICE DEPOSIT CHECK) FOR A NEW INSTALL. ALL HARDSCAPING IS DONE, JUST NEED PLANTS AND MULCH...ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY 265 DWARF ENGLISH BOXWOODS SIZE NOW...12-18 INCHES...ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATEFD AS MY LOCAL SUPPLIER SAYS EVEN A SPECIAL ORDER WILL BW HARD TO DO NOW.I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT THATS WHAT THEY TELL ME...FARM DIRECT PRICES WOULD REALLY BE GREAT..
THANX ALL
ED

BUSHMASTER
09-13-2000, 11:57 PM
check the yellow pages in your area for growers

Lanelle
09-14-2000, 01:37 AM
Try English Boxwoods in Lynchburg VA and tell Ken Schumacher I said Hi. I have some other supplier names in file at office if they can't fill your order. Since that is all that they grow, they should be able to help you. They believe in letting the natural shape develop instead of crowding them into tall skinny plants. Oh, and Mount Vernon, (George Washington's home) buys from them.

steveair
09-16-2000, 08:51 PM
Hello,

fireman, was at condurso's, in montville (river rd) NJ and they had a good amount of korean boxwood (buxus microphylla i believe), they were all B&B, 18" I believe. They may have close to 265 there. If you are interested, I can give you some more info as they are a close sub.

steveair

SLSNursery
09-17-2000, 03:47 PM
If you didn't get those boxwoods yet, post something here. I should be able to get them, or at least put you in touch with someone who can have them direct shipped to you. I am in CT and will look for you post, meanwhile I will check availability. I only have about 100 in stock.

FIREMAN
09-17-2000, 04:04 PM
STEVEAIR....THANX BUT THESE NEED TO BE DWARF ENGLISH BOXWOODS....ONE ? FOR YOU...WHERE CAN I GET 16-18 INCH WIDE X 3-4 FT LONG BLUESTONE?

SLS....I HAVE NOT YET GOTTEN THEM, LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE STOCK SITUATION..AND CHECK YOUR MAIL....

steveair
09-18-2000, 05:58 AM
Fireman,

I heard a rumor that blue stone is in short supply, now after hearing you I may believe it as true. How much do you need? We have a lot of stone yards up here, but I know a lot of them have none.

steveair

steveair
09-20-2000, 12:26 AM
A salesman just stopped in at work the other day and said he may be able to get them (plants). the company is Northern Nurseries, Inc. in somerset, near exit 12 off of 287. phone number was 732-560-5060. The guys name was bob borelli. I can't say much (typical salesman) but maybe he can help. never heard of the company before so can't say anything about them.

I saw some bluestone at a stone yard today, (2'x3') up in flanders. they had at least 5-6 pallets there, maybe some help? Called Mier stone, off of rt 206 North. They usually run a little pricy sometimes though.

steveair

BRL
09-20-2000, 11:54 AM
Being in Somerset, I've been dealing with Northern for 1.5 years and they are a great company. They have 8 or so locations along the East coast so they advertise that they can get whatever you need. I would have guessed the salesmen are like Steve's description without having actually talking to them. I deal with the guys & girls managing the location & the service is great. Plant material has been great also. Give them a try.