PDA

View Full Version : what kind of accounting software

jeff_0
04-29-2003, 10:46 PM
i wanted to know what kind of accounting software everyone here is using.. i want a software that can also tell me that total monthly gross if possibe... thanks

williamslawn
04-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Quick books Pro..........QXpress

Green in Idaho
04-30-2003, 11:00 AM
QuickBooks is pretty much the standard. BUT you can also see through this forum and others that many people have problems with QB due to the fact they are learning it or their accounting/software knowledge is limited.

Ask someone how long it took them to figure out a couple problems with the software.... 4 hours.. 5 hours... How much is YOUR time worth to you?

The fact you are asking this question is an indicator of your accounting experience.

I would suggest you seek a bookkeeper or a full accountant who can produce your monthly statements at a fraction of the cost is may take you to learn the program. For $50-$100 a month you can save yourself a lot of time (money) and get reports done timely (by the 15th) instead of when you usually have time (two month later to catch up on the accounting).

ADDitionally and experienced bookie can set-up your system to give you lots of information to help you,,, e.g. job costing & time tracking. There are a lot of cool features of QuickBooks that most users are not aware of or do not know how to use... It's kind of like that VCR in my entertainment center... I can do the basics but I don't have the time/interest to read the whole manual to figure out to program it.

Mark
mark@idahoaccounting.com

jeff_0
04-30-2003, 07:20 PM
good point

walker-talker
04-30-2003, 07:23 PM
Wait until winter, when you have more time and get QB. Your local SBA or community college will often offer one-day courses on QB.

MATT

Green Pastures
04-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Quickbooks Pro, will get it fully online starting May 1st 2003. I've been using it part time for about 3 weeks now, still learning, it's great so far.