PDA

View Full Version : What's the one service....

Sean Adams
04-30-2003, 02:22 AM
What's the one installation service you currently do not offer, but wish you could or plan to offer in the future, and why?

JimLewis
04-30-2003, 02:34 AM
Damm you Sean! ;) You always ask these Brain Buster questions at night when I am tired and can't think. Twice now in 5 minutes you've got me. I read your question and thought, "Wow! What a great thread.....Well, I think I'd like to offer....ummmm.....I mean......errr......It'd be cool if we did.....well.........Oh! What about.....No, I don't want to do that.....Well......I wish we did......." Heck I don't know! These are tough questions. I'm going to bed! :dizzy: :sleeping:

Sean Adams
04-30-2003, 09:23 PM
Jim,

Sorry about that. I hope you get some time tonight to answer this question before you need your beauty sleep....

I'm interested to see how people respond.

Shuter
04-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Gravely, brush cutting, work. Right now I sub it out.

Lanelle
04-30-2003, 10:49 PM
Mortared work in stone and brick, both walls and flatwork.

fblandscape
05-01-2003, 01:37 AM
PHC work.

NEVER want to work with stone, or excavation.

LawnGuy73
05-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Irrigation and excavating

green with envy
05-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Irrigation!!!

paponte
05-01-2003, 10:45 PM
I was actually contemplating buying a larger hydro seeder, or possible a mulch blower. I sort of gave up on the mulch blower, after rally giving it some thought. I do believe a hydro seeder would be a good money maker. There is a pretty big market here, and not enough companies that do it. A thought for the future though. We can't even keep up with what we have now. :cool:

kels
05-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Since your thread is in the landscaping section I do not know if this answer is appropriate, but I would like to get into aeration, reason because most all properties in this area are compacted.

vipermanz
05-03-2003, 07:32 PM
i really would like to try to get into retaining walls, i see a lot of potential jobs in my area

LB Landscaping
05-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Hydro seeding, not a whole lot of guys doing it around here but people are building like crazy!!!

drobson
05-04-2003, 01:31 AM
Hydroseeding here as well.

GarPA
05-04-2003, 04:15 AM
larger retaining walls

rodfather
05-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Rock Gardens. I've seen some real beauts over the years on some of the props we maintain. I just don't have the time right now though to offer it.

Great question, Sean.

ladibugg
05-04-2003, 11:00 PM
If there was just one thing that I would like to get into that I haven't been able to so far... it would be money. I am pretty busy and they are all profitable jobs, but it seems there is always something else I want to buy that I just can't afford. You know...that cool go-cart for the kid or a new diamond for the chick, something that is forever too costly. I just want to offer work that makes me rich. I would buy some new equipment and a new truck. Then I could really make some money.

GraZZmaZter
05-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Great topic Sean!

The next thing i would like to offer is hardscaping. Don't have alot of knowledge in that area, but i am working on it.

Than i want to get into hydro-seeding. Than that would cover pretty much everything with this industry.

I than want to get back into construction. Siding, Windows, Roofs ( i am knowledgeable in ) and interiors (limited knowledge)

What my ULTIMATE goal would be is to take a piece of land, clear it, prep it, put buildings on it, completely finish buildings, install lawn, landscaping, hardscaping etc... EVERYTHING!

Oh, and i almost forgot about irrigation.

strickdad
05-08-2003, 12:00 PM
ponds!! ponds!! ponds!! every homeowner magazine i see nowadays has a article on them.. seems to me it will be the coming thing.. i have put some research in to it and there is a tremendous profit potential.. in this area there no competion .trying to gain the knowledge on this now. need to go ahead and tool up for this service now. im having a little trouble selling my partner (wife) on the idea. i know, you snooze, you lose...