PDA

View Full Version : weed n feed

stevieraysod
04-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Anybody have tips or tricks for applying weed n' feed? I have a drop spreader and can read the directions on the bag. Just looking for a little extra insight.

Rooster
05-01-2003, 12:30 AM
When I have applied weed and feed, I applied at 1/2 the rate and criss-crossed the yard so I got the full rate of application.

I have noticed there are several different kinds on the market lately.

Rick

turnipgreen
05-01-2003, 11:29 AM
I have had mixed results with weed and feed. It relies on the grass being damp so that the chemical will stick. I used a Lesco weed and feed this year on my back yard with many weeds, in heavy dew, and got reasonable results.

I get better results using liquid products, but it is harder to cover a large area if you only have a 2 gallon sprayer like me.

Green Pastures
05-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Weed and feed is useless in my humble opinion. It is the big business way of appeasing the lazy, one step, fast food generation that we have become.

Feed with granular, pre-M with granular, kill weeds with spray.

It's not the only way but it will give the best results.

TurfGuyTX
05-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Follow label directions. Make sure the grass is damp before applying, and allow the product to be undisturbed (watering) according to instructions. Be careful around desirable plants. Good luck.

Lawn Cops
05-09-2003, 10:06 PM
water the grass before you apply. It wil only control the weeds thaat it mentions on the label. If you have weeds that are not mentioned you will have to use another product, probably a liquid. Use a pre-m next fall and spring.

Lawn Cops
05-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Also make sure that it is not going to rain for a few days after you apply. Also don't water for a couple of days so that the chemical can be absorbed by the plant.

KirbysLawn
05-12-2003, 02:54 AM
Get rid of the drop spreader, use a rotory spreader, apply after rain of water lawn prior to application.