PDA

View Full Version : I got ####

Blaster822
05-02-2003, 09:20 AM
I have a costomer that has not paid me yet what do i do?
it has been three weeks

Sean Adams
05-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Did you indicate on your invoice that payment was due upon receipt? If not, some people expect to pay their bills every 30 days.

Bouncer
05-02-2003, 09:38 AM
No#1-- Ask for a payment in a polite way.

No#2-- Be sure they are'nt expecting to pay on a monthly basis.

No#3-- Don't mow it again until you recieve payment.

Remember to always be polite to your clients, don't step in and demand payment, try the nice professional approach first, if that dont work then you might have to get a little hostile!!:angry:

Gravely_Man
05-02-2003, 09:54 AM
The most important item to remember is to be polite. What does your contract state concerning payment and late fees? Have you called the customer and asked them about the payment? Take little steps to begin with.

Gravely_Man

Brickman
05-02-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Blaster822
I have a costomer that has not paid me yet what do i do?
it has been three weeks

Three weeks is nothing. Try a few months.

After a few times of people screwing me out of my money. I put on all of my invoices payment due in 30 days and all accounts go to collections at 60 days.

tiedeman
05-02-2003, 10:00 PM
1. Call to see whether they actually received the invoice
2. Send a second notice with letter explaining service will stop unless paid in full
3. Stop service
4. If the amount is large enough go through a collections agency...but you won't get the full amount once you pay the collections agency. Usually collections agencies won't go after something unless its around $200 or more.

cos
05-05-2003, 12:46 PM
I still have a client that owes from snow season. I will be writing the statement out soon. I will include interest and let them know that it will damage their credit with me and also other prospective creditors. I don't know whether or not I will be doing work for them next year, if they pay. I will have to decline services in a nice letter.