PDA

View Full Version : New Company Name

pjhmth
05-02-2003, 10:02 AM
Just bought out my partner. Present company name is made up of both our names. I want to change the name but not have it comprised of my own personal name. Any thoughts on this? Basically I plow and mow in the Southern NH area.

Thanks

Green in Idaho
05-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Hynes 57 Lawns (big "57" as the logo)

Lucky Lawns (four leaf clover theme)

Liberty Lawns & Landscape Management (red, white, & blue theme)

Minuteman Landscapes (colonial minuteman theme)

Lilacs & Lawns (state flower)

P. J. Hynes Landscape Management

Hampshire Blvd Landscapes

Hampshire Lawn and Landscapes (hampshire "breed" pig or chicken as theme)

Pat, What's up with that photo on your site "Ready to sod" where all the rolls are thrown on the lawn???? How could you have possibly laid those rolls efficiently?? S/B from the pallets one at a time and place them....

walker-talker
05-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Whatever you do, don't use a name that is going to limit your business. If you even have a thought of expanding in the future don't limit yourself.

MATT

scott's turf
05-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Where in southern NH are you from? I live in Brookline.

Lawn-Scapes
05-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Just keep it the same. What a PITA it would be to everything over to the new name.......

e-RoK
05-23-2003, 12:52 AM
Is the seacoast area in N.H. a good area for this type of biz? I live in Ohio, but my family is from MA & NH. I would love more than anything to landscape in the Hampton Beach, Seabrook area. I spent my summers there cooking at family resturants growing up. I miss my family and the area so much. Is it possible?

Ajays
06-13-2003, 05:55 PM
A while back my partner and I were doing cold calling for commercial business and as soon as people heard the name Ajays, they automatically assumed scrub outfit. Make your new name as profesional as possible. You want to grow into your name. The commercial prospects always asked what other properties do you take care of, and made comments like, "we use brickman, who do you do?" Make sure your name is one you can stick with forever and register it and everything that sounds like it.

Ajays
06-13-2003, 05:57 PM
by the way, I bought out my partner and changed my name as well.

Hometown Lawn Care
06-14-2003, 01:44 AM
Hey im from Wilmington Ma