PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody recommend a designer?

cos
05-04-2003, 12:32 PM
I am going to look at a large landscape design and install client. I was wondering if anyone here does digital design work or knows of anyone. PM me or e-mail me.

Lanelle
05-04-2003, 01:01 PM
I have sent you link that may help. A good designer will want to know lots of information about the site and the client. Doing design long distance has disadvantages. It will help if the designer is familiar with your area. You live in a horticulturally-rich area with lots of public gardens. Possibly contact Longwood Gardens and inquire if one of their design students would be ready to tackle your project. If you hire a practicing professional, expect to pay by the hour or a set fee for the project. The client needs to be prepared to pay as well.

cos
05-05-2003, 01:06 AM
I want to thank you for your help, Lanelle. I am very impressed with all your knowledge and resourcefullness.

BRL
05-05-2003, 08:02 PM
This guy does "on line" designing from afar. Might be worth a try? I never used him so I can't comment.
http://clearwaterlandscapes.com/index.htm

AGLA
05-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Look for pictures of built work from this type of designer. They usually show before pictures and the after is just their renditions, but no built work. You may ask them why they don't.

Clearwater
05-07-2003, 10:27 AM
AGLA makes a very good point in the message above...there are so many individuals now offering online "design" that it will certainly pay to check out the service thoroughly.

In my case, I strongly encourage my clients to send photos after their landscapes have been installed. Some do, many haven't yet. I've posted some of the return photos, and hope to have many more as landscapes mature.

I would caution folks to understand that photo imaging is not landscape design. There is no way that a two dimensional image can accurately portray a proposed landscape. A small percentage of my clients choose to include these images with their design presentation so they have a visual verification of the design concepts.