PDA

View Full Version : paver patios sq. ft. pricing?

ginkgo1
05-05-2003, 01:27 PM
we have been asked to install some pavers for a customer. The pavers cost us 3.77 per square foot. What is the going price per square foot installed with the gravel, sand, edging, sealer and pavers. Help!

BRL
05-05-2003, 08:12 PM
$18.00

capital
05-05-2003, 08:14 PM
I think u need to figure out for the job in question, how much time will ur labor take, and then figure out your material cost plus pavr cost to come up with cost per sq foot. By this I mean, we charge for grading if required, any walls to hold the grade and then depending on the type of paver that is a different square footage factor. Also what type of pavers are costing u that per square foot? If u have some addtl information will be happy to help.

kris
05-05-2003, 08:23 PM
I'm a firm believer that you cannot have a set unit price for every job.... not all jobs are the same.

I love the story told to me by a very respected consultant ... (the short version) he asked if you would price 100 - 10 sq ft jobs the same as a 1-1000 sq ft job .... of course you wouldn't.

troblandscape
05-05-2003, 11:09 PM
I agree with Kris no job is the same!!!!

tailoredlook
05-06-2003, 12:14 PM
I was told you never ever and I mean EVER bid a job by the Square foot. Figure out what the material costs, paver stone sand , base fabric etc. will cost you then add a nice profit. Then figure in your labor x hourly rate.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
05-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Most guys up my way do it by the sq ft plus excavation and removal .. And on jobs over 300 sqft alot of guys are doing it at $10 or less.. Not sure how , but they are... I'ts really beginning to annoy me.. But then again, the jobs look like **** cause they are not done right.... But so goes the saga.... LOL........ You need to figure out how much time it will take to do the job and how much labor, any special equipment, etc... Do you need to tear out an existing concrete patio or walk or drive ? Need a dumpster or trucking ? How much traffic will it have and how sustantial of a base is required ? That will tell you how much QP you need to make a proper base... The key with pavers is to not have to go back to fix it !!!!! If you dont get it right the first time you either screw the client or loss alot of money.... either way is not acceptable.................. As for sq ft pricing I think that the 10 to 15 covers the install and materials on most jobs , not including any removal or demolition costs... But for basic pavers and labor..

SCAPEASAURUSREX
05-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Ohhh and most importantly you have to consider accesibility... How hard is it to get materials to the site ? I just did a patio in a back yard that required making ramps up and then down a concrete stoop that was three steps high... Not fun... humping QP and pavers in wheel barrows up and over the steps... Access was too narrow on both sides of house for any equipment, unless I got an aerial crane to hoist up over the house, but that was not in the budget >LOL.....

PAPS
05-06-2003, 10:50 PM
We price all our paver jobs by the sq. ft. Like Scapesaurex said.. it is extra for demo- work (old walks/patios) and other site conditions. We have done pavers for as little as $6.00 a sq. to $15.00 a sq. pending size of job. Your pricing in pavers will all depend on how fast you are. We own all nec. equipment for paver type work and simply fly through jobs and make plenty of money on paver jobs at $8-9 a sq. ft.

Rex Mann
05-07-2003, 12:57 AM
Here in Phoenix pavers are as low as $2.90 sf to about $5.00 sf. We build our price for each client. we charge x-amount of cents or dollars for various variables within the job. It is a pretty sound and efficient system. BTW: we use Belgard or Pavestone

Peace,

Rex

Bill Renda
05-08-2003, 06:14 AM
$16.00 - 18.00 per sq. ft. If they think its to much call someone else. I know what my work is worth.