PDA

View Full Version : Results from door hangers 3 weeks later

Gr grass n Hi tides
05-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Keep plugging away !!! There are a lot of threads circulating about asking whether or not it's too late to land accounts, etc. One neighborhood I worked with door hangers about three weeks ago (just 200 door hangers) has yielded three regular accounts and one good size spring clean up.

Today (three weeks later), a lady called and asked me to bid her property and her mother-in-law's across the street. I got them both. The mother-in-law's property is beautiful, rolling hills and lots of open turf. The other one is also very nice - smaller but on the water, also lots of open turf.

So...................keep at it !!!!!!!!!!! It's never too late. :blob3:

alpine692003
12-15-2003, 01:24 PM
good to hear, I will be doing the door hanger shortly. Just getting my design up and going and will be hanging them in Mid'jan or beginning of feb'04

Gr grass n Hi tides
12-15-2003, 05:41 PM
One thing this past year has taught me is that any time is a good time to advertise/door hang. Doesn't matter, just get em out there!

alpine692003
12-15-2003, 11:25 PM
really? Ya think?

I just got 1000 door hangers. I'm going to punch a little hole through the top center and wrap elastic through the hole and hang it on the door.. That way, it stays and the customer has to put the effort to take the door hanger off the door! lol

Gr grass n Hi tides
12-15-2003, 11:34 PM
Yep, I'll bet you get some calls off those 1,000 even this time of year. You ought to post up with results. I just sent a letter to two folks that answered my door hangers this past spring (didn't want to dump their current LCO but were not satisfied with him either) & I've got two new accounts off of that. They were impressed I remembered them (just wrote them down as "potentials" in my notebook).

alpine692003
12-17-2003, 01:17 AM
that's the way to do it!

Everytime I talk to you about the door hangers you provide me ith excellent results, lol!

What kind of targetting area do you target?

Higher end homes?

Gr grass n Hi tides
12-17-2003, 05:18 AM
This year I wanted to estab. a good base, so when we went into a neighborhood we put hangers on just about every home on the street. Results were good vs. targeting the high end. All kinds of calls from all kinds of folks. Some, you would not necessarily expect. Example - one home that was not huge and didn't have a giant yard, the man wanted gravel driveway put in, 40 yd. mulch install, fert, mow. A fantastic account.

I think, I'm going to stick with this method vs. targeting certain "types" of properties, because these people pay very good rates and I've been pleased. I really don't feel I've got to be on a picture perfect property to be happy. The less than perfect ones, actually are a great opportunity to bill for all the extras.

alpine692003
12-18-2003, 02:19 AM
That's cool.. I'm planning on doing flyers and door hangers in MID'JANURARY'04.. Just to get my name out and I'im going to start pounding out the flyers!

Gr grass n Hi tides
12-18-2003, 06:47 AM
Good luck with it!! I'm sure you'll some business:)

alpine692003
12-18-2003, 08:02 PM
did you hang them during the day/afternoon/night?

Gr grass n Hi tides
12-18-2003, 08:22 PM
We did them middle of the day. What I did was give my 8.5 yo daughter and a few her friends, each one of my company hats & paid them .25 for every one they hung. I drove down the street behind them at 2 mph in my truck (with company lettering) while they ran up to all the homes. Afterward, treated them all to ice cream. This might sound a little high for advertising, but it really wasn't. One seasonal mowing account had all of that paid for instantly, plus my little one wanted to be involved (it was just so great getting her in on things) & they made a dang good wage for a pack of 8-12 year olds! We all had a fantastic time & they're always asking when we're gonna do it again!

alpine692003
12-20-2003, 01:05 AM
that's neato!

I just hung 10 door hangers yesterday, no response yet!

990 more to go, lol! I'm going to hit this certain neighbourhood hard, very hard.. all 400 of my door hangers on sunday, I'll letcha know how it went!

Gr grass n Hi tides
12-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Cool. I'm interested to see how your run at this, this time of year works out. I know a lot of people send out letters to old clients asking to renew services this time of year. You could be catching people at a very good time. I can tell you this, some folks told me it was too late in the year to do door hangers in April, May, June, July, September. That was NOT the case though. Plus, the yellow page ad really never quits working. People are always looking for service. Granted, some times of the year may be more peak than others, but I would say, through my somewhat limited experience, that any time is a good time to get your name out there.

One thing is for sure, door hangers are inexpensive & if you are doing this on your own and otherwise not busy with work........what do you have to lose?

alpine692003
12-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Ya, my partner and I are going out on Sunday 21st, December to hand out door hangers.. When we see someone outside, I'll or he'll say,

Hi. We're with Simply green lawn and landscape, I was wondering if we could interest you in some of our services! We offer good quality at a reasonable rate!