PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Maintenance Software

jnpjr
05-06-2003, 05:32 PM
We are a seven crew company that has both weekly and variable scheduled accounts. Has anyone had experience with a good scheduling software that is easy to use and is flexible?

Premo Services
05-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Check out QXpress from Alocet
www.alocet.com
I have been using it for a couple seasons now, and I love it. It integrates with quickbooks also...:D

walker-talker
05-07-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Premo Services
Check out QXpress from Alocet
www.alocet.com
I have been using it for a couple seasons now, and I love it. It integrates with quickbooks also...:D

Ditto, except I am using Lawn Monkey, which is basically the same thing. This winter I would like to upgrade to Qxpress full version (lawn & chem app scheduling). I had a rough start learning, but have learned a lot just in the last couple of weeks. I am probably only using about 7% of what the program can do, but that will increase is due time.

MATT

AltaLawnCare
05-07-2003, 06:56 AM
I'm trying out the trial version of Adkad's "GroundsKeeper Pro" now.

So far I really like it .....Can't beat the price, I don't use QuickBooks, so interfacing with that doesn't matter.

You may be too big for this software though.

www.Adkad.com

Mike Hughes
05-16-2003, 08:56 AM
www.insightdirect.com

HBFOXJr
05-16-2003, 09:20 AM
I use QX from Alocet and we schedule work a lot of different ways. It has met those needs well. There is a big learning curve with all packages as well as set up stuff to do before you can use it. Don't let anyone tell you you'll be up and running in minutes with any of them.

walker-talker
05-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by HBFOXJr
I use QX from Alocet and we schedule work a lot of different ways. It has met those needs well. There is a big learning curve with all packages as well as set up stuff to do before you can use it. Don't let anyone tell you you'll be up and running in minutes with any of them.

I was getting frustrated with Lawn Monkey and was beginning to think it was a waste of money, but once you pass your first few hurdles, you regain your confidence.

Has anyone gone from using Lawn Monkey and upgraded to QXpress? Is there much of a difference in the scheduling, routing and invoicing between the two?

I don't use the accounting side of the program at all. I don't currently use QB Pro either, but I do use Quicken Hame & Business.

Thanks
MATT