PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Mower

Lawncare04
05-08-2003, 10:26 PM
Right now I am running a 21" JD 3 speed mower on about 6 lawns between 5,000-10,000 sq. ft. ...What should be my next mowing machine? 32? 36? 42? Do you think I am ready for a bigger mower? When and How will i know I am ready for a bigger piece of equiptment.

Frosty_03
05-08-2003, 11:36 PM
How much more money do you want to make????? With the bigger machine comes more money and power can you handle the power and you have to be aware of the lenght and weights of bigger machines I would recommend you move up to a 32 in. and then move up if you need more cutting width, as your business grows. Good Luck in your search may you find what you're looking for!!!

Lawncare04
05-11-2003, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the reply Frosty...
In your opinion or anybodys else reading this would be the best 32" inch mower ?(I really like the equiptment John Deere makes what is your take on this)?

grassdaddy
05-11-2003, 08:27 AM
I would go bigger,a 48"w/b.Something that could cover some ground for larger lawns.I to have 2 JD 21's but have scag w/b.;)

Frosty_03
05-11-2003, 11:27 PM
I have always used JD equipment it is reliable, it is a little expensive but I like the reliablity. I picked up the Exmark brand mowers this year and am very please with this product as well. I would reccomend you go look at the 32 " Exmark walk behind I think you will like this product. The cut is really fantastic. I think you will be happy with Exmark product. I have a 48" Exmark metro floating deck and it is very good and I cover a lot of turf, but if you have an account with a fence and it only has a 36" gate than you might run into a problem getting it to the back yard. Many yards have a double gate, so I would always check to see if the new account or exsisting accounts have good access to the back yard if there is a fence involved. That's why I would reccomend a 32" you can get it in most back yards. As far as all my other equipment it is all John Deere.:cool:

BobR
05-12-2003, 07:24 AM
Is your tongue hanging out at the end of the day ?
Do you have no personal life ?
Are you working 12 hours a day ?
Do you have to work weekends to catch up ?

The above would be a good indicator of when to consider moving up to a larger machine. Unless you are specifically targeting 'gated lawns' I would suggest at least a 44" mower and preferably a hydro, you will then get breathing room and probably want to increase your customer base..

Only YOU can be the judge of when to grow and how to do it. We will be glad to make the suggestions and spend your money.
BobR

Doogiegh
05-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Do you have GATES? Remember that a 36" gate is about 36".. But a 36 inch mower is really like 37.4 and a 32" mower is really like 33.4, etc...

Go you may not get a 36" mower into some of your gated properties..

For me, I had a 21"

Next I got a 32" Exmark Metro. Love the thing, it's terrific.
Now I have a 44" Woods ZTR.. It's not a great cutting machine, but for wide open areas, it's fine.

Next would be a 52" Exmark ZTR, which has a true quality cut (far beating the woods) and alot more power, speed, etc etc).

grow slowly, otherwise you'll be too far in debt and crash.

Gary

Lawncare04
05-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Most all of my properties have small gates I am pretty sure they are 32" gates. I just picked up 3 lawns this month none of them have gates but all of them are under 10,000 Sq Ft.

Doogiegh
05-13-2003, 12:40 AM
Goto Home Depot.

Buy a tape measure that you attach to your key chain. It's about 1 inch by 1 inch square. It's a 36" tape measure. It costs $1.99.

Keep it with you when you do estimates. This way you know if you'll fit your machine in the gate or not.

Gary

hlgmoney
05-15-2003, 10:43 PM
John Deere 1435 - 72" Diesel. Nothing else compares.