PDA

View Full Version : browning on evergreens

tiedeman
05-10-2003, 01:50 AM
there seems to be a major problem happening with some current and new customers evergreens. I noticed it around the area last year, but this year it's becoming more of a problem.

It's almost like they are browning up in some areas. Sometimes only one side in particular. Is it perhaps a mite that is attacking these? If anybody could lend some helpful info that would be great.

mdb landscaping
05-10-2003, 04:06 PM
are all these evergreens near a road, sidewalk, or driveway? sounds to me like they have salt injury.... hard to tell without looking at em....get a few pics and ill take a stab at diagnosing it

tiedeman
05-10-2003, 10:20 PM
nope not by any road...they are properly irrigated. I actually think now that it might be winter burn. Sorry I can't post any pics..yet.

leadarrows
05-11-2003, 12:17 AM
I have been seeing this a lot in the last few years. It seems to be getting worse. I suspect round up ready soybeans has something to do with it. I am just guessing but I did lose a walnut tree next to a ditch after my dad switched to these F-en beans:angry:
I don't use round-up on my own property. I never had a problem with using round-up for fence rows but fence row to fence row???? It can't be a good thing. The first thing I am going to do with the family farm when dad retires is reestablish some fence row trees and brush. The hunting around here has suffered from farmers greed for every last nickle by planting as close to the fence and roads as passable.:confused: I like money too but thats not all that is important to me. Oh ya and get rid of those beans.;)

jfenton
05-11-2003, 03:46 PM
It's wind burn form that cold winter coupled with the drought we had last year. Especially hard hit were Jepanese Yews