PDA

View Full Version : Jd 4210

Seon
05-11-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm looking to replace my JD 750 with front loader and box scraper with a 4210 with loader and box scraper. Anyone with a 4210 have any pro or con comments? The one I'm looking at is a season rental return with 120 hrs with full "new" tractor warrantee at $14K out the door.

GreginAlaska
06-29-2003, 02:28 AM
Hi Seon, We ended up buying a 2003 4210 Ehydro this year. We only have 50 hours on it so I can't attest to the longevity of it, but I can tell you that we like it. The only CUT I have to compare it with is a 98 New Holland 1530 Boomer. The 3 point hitch and loader control is much smoother than the New Holland. The JD has 3 more horsepower and we can tell the difference when using the loader. We are pulling a JD 665 rototiller and it has plenty of power for it. (Nice 6 blade per flange tiller BTW) The only problem we are having is that my wife is constantly confusing the computer in it and has to re-start it to get it moving. This doesn't happen to me or an employee who drives it. She says she is not hitting both pedals at once, but she is doing something it doesn't like. We looked all up and down the west coast and in the south and got the best deal at a place called "Clark County Lawn & Tractor" in Vancouver Washington.

Seon
06-29-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks Greg. I really like mine 4210 and agree that is has plenty of power. I have river rocks property and have been controling the weeds using roundup. My old JD 750 couldn't break the rocks/ground up but with this 4210, the box scraper does the job. The only symtom is showed a couple of times is that the idle bogs down but doesn't dies.

morturf
06-30-2003, 02:39 PM
If you machine is having to be restarted after the "pedal incidents". It will happen even if you change directions too fast for the computer to make sense of it. You need to have your dealer replace your computer. This a flaw in the software that runs it and JD is aware and has authorized replacing it. I have 2 4410's. The first one had the flaw and after replacing the puter it was fine. It makes a world of difference.
Mike

Chief
07-15-2003, 10:48 AM
I have the 4410 ehydro, 430 FEL, & 72" mmm which is the same size class tractor as yours but has the larger engine. I have been VERY happy with it so far. I purchased a Land Pride 1558 tiller, PD 25 Post Hole digger, and 1584 Landscaping Rake with it and it runs the tiller just fine and does well with the rake. I have not tried the PHD yet. The 72" mmm does a great job although it is way to big for lawn care, I use it to keep the pasture cut on my property. I have about 60 hours on it so far and did the 50 hour break-in service myself. All in all, I would highly recommend this tractor. In your case, for the dollar spent, the 4310 is the best buy. They are not that much more cost wise and afford you a little more hp and torque. If you are looking for the most torque in a medium size CUT. I would suggest the 4410 as this tractor has more torque than any of the other 4000 Ten Series tractors except for the 4710.

Red Dwarf
08-31-2003, 07:10 PM
I like the 4310 for the Turbo Diesel. Just can't see having a Diesel that's naturally aspirated. JMHO........

Chief
08-31-2003, 09:06 PM
4310's do not come with turbo charged diesel engines.