PDA

View Full Version : Software Programs

MCGRAIL LAWN
05-11-2003, 06:50 PM
I CURRENLTY USE MICROSOFT MONEY BUSINESS EDITION.

I HAVE A DEMO OF GROUNDS KEEPER PRO
AND I DONT LIKE IT THAT MUTCH.

WHAT OTHER PROGRAMS ARE THERE

I HAVE HEARD SOME LIKE

LAWN MONKEY

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IS OUT THERE AND WHAT I SHOULD TRY AND WHAT U RECOMMEND

mowerman90
05-11-2003, 06:57 PM
If you don't need scheduling in your business program give Medlin Accounting a try. You can download a fully funtional program from www.medlin.com It's not a very big program so it won't take long even if you only have dialup access. I've been using Medlins Accounts Receivable ($38 to buy) for the last 12 years or so. I've tried Clip, Lawn Monkey, Quick Books Pro, etc. and haven't found a program that was easier or more cutomizable than Medlin. Plus, it's only a fraction of the price of any of these other programs. The only drawback is that it doesn't have a scheduling module. Give it a try.

Old 5 LawnCare
05-11-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm using Gopher, it's all round easier to set-up, and edit, not to mention scheduling.

The only other program I considered was Wintac (Not Wintac Green), I did'nt like GroundsKeeper either, to hard to navigate

MCGRAIL LAWN
05-11-2003, 07:04 PM
DOES GOPHER OFFER A FREE DEMO

OR HOW DO I CONTACT THEM

Old 5 LawnCare
05-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Yeah, you can download it and try it for 30-days
to to this link:
http://www.gophersoftware.com/index.html

JML
05-11-2003, 09:22 PM
i got the new version of gopher 2002, used to use 98, its great i love it..

Georgiehopper
05-12-2003, 10:14 AM
I agree, Gopher is a great program. I have tried it several times and have just not gotten around to purchasing it...but I intend to.

tnt-g
05-14-2003, 01:19 AM
I bought the basic version of gopher 2003 and it is all that I need for scheduling and billing. It looks real professional on the invoices. the tech support is awsome. Best 300 dollars I have spent.

AltaLawnCare
05-14-2003, 07:40 AM
How does Gopher compare to Grounds Keeper Pro? Has anyone "side by side" compared them?

I've got the GK Pro demo now.

McGrail, what don't you like about it? I haven't had time to play with mine very much, but I have 5 customers added, and used it a little.

Georgiehopper
05-14-2003, 08:42 AM
I'm actually giving Lawn Monkey a try right now... I think Gopher is a little more user friendly ...cheaper too.

theyatesies
05-14-2003, 10:06 PM
I have used gopher for 3 years now and it has improved so much in that time its amazing. I keep telling the guys at Ditect to go to the Louisville show because they would get so much more business. I also have Clip and its so confusing I feel I need to be a computer programmer to make it work. The only reason I purchased Clip was because Gopher only had the basic version a few years back and I wanted to expand. I just talked to the guys from gopher on tuesday and the PDA version for you scheduling and jobs for the day will be available soon.(Job costing etc.)
I recommend gopher over anything.

Lance

Let it Grow
05-15-2003, 02:02 AM
I use Quickbooks. It is great for my needs. I do have some accounting experience, and that definitely helps with this software. It's not for everyone, but probably worth you looking into.

Tomt
05-15-2003, 10:05 PM
What do any of you think about Clip. I am currently trying and so far so good. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MCGRAIL LAWN
05-15-2003, 10:25 PM
I just dont find Grounds Keeper Pro
Easy to use.

Just personal preferance

Mike Hughes
05-16-2003, 12:51 AM
I use "ServiceCEO" software by Insight Direct. www.insightdirect.com This program handles invoicing, customer records, employee payroll and records, scheduling, estimating, employee availability and skill levels, etc.........

I also use Quickbooks Pro for the accounting side of things.

Georgiehopper
05-18-2003, 08:02 AM
I just purchased the Gopher 2003 software and its very user friendly. I would like the guys at Ditech to add an appointment module to this and it would be perfect.

I have used CLIP and I think its sux. Its confusing unless they've changed it over the past 2 years. Its got a DOS look to it and is not a "point and click" type of program. I think its grossly over priced.

I tried other programs like Easy Bee, Wintac, LawnMonkey, Groundskeeper, TaskManager. Lawn Monkey would be my second choice...I like its mapping feature. The others are harder to use.

I think ClIP is the worst though.

Lawn Cops
05-21-2003, 06:41 PM
I got gopher 2003 about 2 months ago. Its great. I looked at all of them and decided on Gopher. The best 300 I have spent in a while.

AztlanLC
05-26-2003, 03:05 AM
I love gopher the only problem the customer service I have gotten so far is terrible, they don't return calls, not e-mails, there's a link with quickbooks wich I really need, the only problem is a poor link, sales tax and payments are not applied correctly, and some other major problems, I would recomment gopher but until I get someone to resolve my issues I'll wait, don't buy it for the quickbooks link, but anything else does real good.

Georgiehopper
05-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Give Ditech a call..they answer right away. They are very small company and i think their customer service is great.

Tbarchaser
05-27-2003, 02:14 AM
I would take Mowerman90's advice and look into medlin. He suggested it to me a few months ago and I found it to be very easy to use. Makes billing a snap and you can e-mail statements...save on stamps.

AltaLawnCare
05-27-2003, 05:37 AM
I tried Medlin a while back. But without a scheduling module, its just an invoicing program...I found a program called "My Invoices" at Office Max for under $20.00 and used that for 3 years.

The Green Way
05-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by AztlanLC
I love gopher the only problem the customer service I have gotten so far is terrible, they don't return calls, not e-mails, there's a link with quickbooks wich I really need, the only problem is a poor link, sales tax and payments are not applied correctly, and some other major problems, I would recomment gopher but until I get someone to resolve my issues I'll wait, don't buy it for the quickbooks link, but anything else does real good.

I just got the latest download of gopher and the linking to quickbooks works fine! Maybe you need to upgrade? Check their site for the update http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

MCGRAIL LAWN
05-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Tryed the Gopher Demo
for abour 3 hours

Had to delete it of the computer after that.
Know that if I kept using it I would HAVE to buy it.

I plan on buying Gopher 2004 when it comes out only if the Palm Pilot Sophware is Availible.

I also plan on buying the Barcode Scanner and a New Laptop And Laser Printer.

I figure that will run me $3,500.00
I will start using it for 2004.