PDA

View Full Version : Our New Site

Groundcover Solutions
05-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Just finished updating our new web site. Hope to add alot more soon. take a look and tell me what you think. Constructive Critisisome is more than welcome!

Hometown Landscaping (http://www.hlandscape.com)

Lawn-Scapes
05-12-2003, 10:35 PM
Looks good to me... Do it yourself?

StudentPro
05-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Just a stupid little nitpickie thing. I think the logo would look nicer with a white line defining the edge of the larger tree rather than the black.

Groundcover Solutions
05-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Yes i did do it myself! I was also thinking the same thing about the logo. I am planning on doing that this afternoon. Thanks for the help and complaments. ;)

LoneStarLawn
05-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Nice website

CentralMassWeb
05-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Hometown...
Nice site....

I did find one problem....your link on the homepage for contact and news is all one link, but on other pages your link for news is help.htm.

Which should it be?

Also, on some pages you use the word for the link as help and others as news....you may want to use one word throghtout the site for recognition to the user.

Matt

mdvaden
05-24-2003, 02:15 AM
The bullets between the letters in L A N D S C A P I N G are quite hard to read comfortably.

The other text reads well.

LB Landscaping
05-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Looks great. I like the logo, Matt rose do it??? I recognize it from his website he made one up for me, did a great job on it.

Groundcover Solutions
06-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Yes he did (make the Logo)!!! He dose do some great work dosn't he!!!!!!!

Groundcover Solutions
06-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the help with the link problems. the site was a template site and i am still working out the bugs on it. I will most likley do some of the work soon! it is just hard to find the time to get things done. Thanks again for the help keep it coming!

Hometown Lawn Care
06-14-2003, 01:54 AM
lmao dont bite me....

Good thing your not Lawn Care.....hahahaha good luck man

Turboguy
06-17-2003, 07:39 AM
Very Cool site. You are on you way to a top notch website. My suggestion at this point is that the photo's you have in your photo gallery are very nice. I think it would make the site a little more interesting if you had a photo or two on each page through your site. I realize in saying this that you are still under construction.

I checked out your source code and noticed you did it with FrontPage which made me laugh a bit since I had just read some posts that were not too favorable to FrontPage which is a pretty easy to use program and can produce some really nice sites such as yours is on the way to becoming. Your doing a great job with this. Keep it up.

Groundcover Solutions
06-17-2003, 04:32 PM
"Hometown Lawn"
First off I knew sooner or later i would find a company with the same name as mine!!! He it is fine as long as you are not working in my state. LOL Also we used to be lawn care but changed it to better suit our company and the work we do! Oh and good luck to you in your business venture!

"Turboguy"
I was thinking of putting a pic on every page just working out the resizing and doing some image effects to the photos to help them fit in better in photo shop! just don't have much time because we have been getting a lot of new work!!!!!! thanks for the input and keep it coming!

BSDeality
06-17-2003, 05:29 PM
keep in mind some people do not have flash-capable browsers.... you might want to keep a straight HTML version around.

Groundcover Solutions
06-17-2003, 10:23 PM
I have both a html and flash versions for the site on different CD's just in case. All of my work stuff including the web site is backed up everytime it is updated and then i keep a copy at the office and a copy at my house. You never know what could happen!

Cooper Landscaping
07-18-2003, 04:55 AM
Hometown Landscaping-
Didn't know if you were aware of it but when you click on the link to your site a page opens with this text:

"Site Temporarily Disabled

This site has been temporarily disabled. If you are the owner of the site, please contact customer care. "

Thought Id let you know i found an area where you can improve your site :D

-Coop

Groundcover Solutions
07-18-2003, 07:00 PM
yes i just noticed this today. I have to fix that problem rightaway i don't know what happend to it.