PDA

View Full Version : tree job pricing

JasonFlippin
05-13-2003, 01:14 AM
I recently completed a job for a new customer that entailed hauling 2 14ft trailer loads of tree branches away. I didn't have to cut them down just had to load them up and haul them away. My problem is I dont know how to charge the guy for this. It was just me individually doing it so it probably took 4-5 hours to get it all loaded up. I also had to walk about 100 yards to get to my trailer from where the tree was. I have never had to bid anything like this any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Green in Idaho
05-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Read a few of the other posts on here and you will find it is best to agree on a price BEFORE doing the work.

Would you ever work for a regular employer for a couple days before knowing what they were goin to pay you?

Regular hourly rate for professional lawn service with NO equipment (just straight labor) is $20-$30. Depends on your market and conditions.

JasonFlippin
05-13-2003, 11:41 AM
The guy told me there was a lot to do in his yard and that was one of the things. He told me to send him a bill, so I don't think he is really too worried about it. But, again I have no idea what to even charge. I will check out the search and see. Thanks

fblandscape
05-13-2003, 01:33 PM
$200

the scaper
05-13-2003, 10:57 PM
5hrs x $30 = $150. thats $75 per load. thats what i charge, i just did 3 loads same stuff two days ago for $225. i brought mine back and am going to run it through a chipper , but if you cant do that figure in your dump fee. i'd try to get $100 per load.

mr.lawnzap
05-13-2003, 11:13 PM
better hope he pays you if you already did the work because if he didnt sign anything he legally dont have to

the scaper
05-13-2003, 11:39 PM
if he dont pay i would think he'd be looking at a real good possibility of havin that **** dumped back on his front yard!