PDA

View Full Version : trulawn, chemlawn

jeff_0
05-13-2003, 06:53 PM
what do they have in there tanks.. i see there trucks every day.. is it just a weed and feed application or is it something more than that?

DaleL
05-13-2003, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it's iced tea.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D

DaleL

mr.lawnzap
05-13-2003, 07:16 PM
well when i worked for them for 13 days it was early spring (1997) and it was just pendamethalin , and a trimec type chem mixed in huge mixing tank, theyput in each seperate chem for the trimec type stuff 2-4-d,dicamba,etc...., urea nitrogen and thats about it. i heard they use liquid bat dung now for lawns,and to mix in there coffee. the only good thing about them is the npr trucks

Green Pastures
05-13-2003, 08:01 PM
It's green dyed water.

I just took over a customers yard who had "premium" care from TruGreen for over 3 years. Premium care includes weed control. The was just about every kind of weed imaginable in his yard. He needed 125 lbs of lime per 1K just to get the ph back in balance. Some of you know you can only put down 50 lbs of lime per 1K in a single app. So he needs 3 lime apps! That will take 18 months to accomplish, correctly.

Anyway, I did the #1 lime app, sprayed the entire yard with confront and a little 3 way mixed in and sticker of course, then fertilized with 19-10-31 I think. That's what the soil test called for, so that's what I used. I did all of this in one day.

About 2 weeks later the guy called me back absolutely ecstatic about his lawn. 0 weeds, and the grass is actually growing. He was freaking out. I've since taken over 2 other accounts from Trugreen from co-workers of his he referred me to.

Trugreen used water as far as I'm concerned. I take jobs from them all the time. I hope they stay in business forever cuz they make me look great.

snowplowjay
05-13-2003, 08:37 PM
in my opinion they suck. When i was little my father had them do our yard one year and they killed one of our flowering bushes. Against my advice one of my accounts has hired them to do pesticide applications. And they are swindlers. It seems like every week they are back telling the woman they need to apply something new. I told her to ditch them but she doesnt seem to care. You would think she would realize they suck when the dandelions seem to multiply after the guy fertilizes her yard. Another one of their fine employees used to go around central CT doing lawns for 20 bucks cash and would give the homeowner a half a bag of granular before he left.

HMMMMMMMMM shady business ehhhhhh

Jay

wriken
05-13-2003, 10:20 PM
yep, they like hitting on the elderly up here, talked to 2 seniors, very small lawns, $75 per apl, 7 aplications, could be right but what I figured was less apls and less price, they already signed contracts.

Hud
05-13-2003, 10:34 PM
http://consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/trugreen.html

LAWNGODFATHER
05-14-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Hud
http://consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/trugreen.html That's kick assss!!!

I Printed that and will send to all my customers and keep copies handy for future TGCL customers to switch over to mwa.

TGCL is not a lawn care company, they are a marketing company.

They are also we serve. Teminix, Moly Maid, Service Master, and a few others.

Runner
05-14-2003, 01:26 AM
Well, again, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... They are a MARKETING company, not a lawn care service. hey have been known for "slamming" people for services for several years now, much like long distance phone companies slam people without permission.

aweman
12-18-2005, 04:40 PM
In the past 5 years of business they have lied to my customers saying I worked for them, was a price gouger, and stole their customer base. I have never worked for them. They accidentally did one of my lawns and charged double for the sq. ft. They are price gouging. They won't cancell their customers when they switch to me and they have killed portions of my customers lawns and even caused a driveway to crack due to a spill they caused. The chemist fined them. They say I don't apply any organics. They say they have bought me out so my customers will go ahead and switch. They have called and threatened me with the state chemist saying I better have my liscense and records kept well and stated they are paying people to utilize our service to see how organic we are. They are polluntants to our society and give applicators a bad name. I have documentation of each instance and more. Is their a good attorny familiar with suing T.G.? It is time for their menacing to stop with us. Please respond. Thank you Tony K. www.awegreenorg.com

Rayholio
12-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Before I was inspired to start my own Chem-Treatment business, I interviewed with tru-green.. Although they loved me, I couldn't sink to that level... (Had to start my own)

From the interview it seems that EVERYONE from the applicator up to managment gets paid commission. That's why they pester their customers, and sell them things they don't need. They also have a VERY aggressive telemarketing campain, not to mention door to door sales people..

I'm so glad that a company like tru-green has 34 million customers.. That means that my future is very bright.

Kent Lawns
12-22-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm so glad that a company like tru-green has 34 million customers.. That means that my future is very bright.

I agree, but your numbers are incorrect, TruGreen dreams of having 34,000,000 active customers!

Rayholio
12-23-2005, 03:14 AM
I'm sorry... I mistyped... left out an important decimel.. LOL That's 3.4 million customers.. (according to their home page)