PDA

View Full Version : pre-emergant

mr.lawnzap
05-13-2003, 07:31 PM
i used team pro last fall on my accounts instead of dimension or pendamethalin and it has worked great and was cheaper.anybody else use it on here?i also used it this spring during round 1s and its highly effective, its cheaper than the others but hasnt sacrificed any quality whatsoever. what do you guys think about team pro?

timturf
05-13-2003, 07:35 PM
short control and a big root prunner!!! (turfgrass root prunner)

mr.lawnzap
05-13-2003, 07:54 PM
i used it on bermuda lawns and my roots are as health as ever, and it lasts as long as pendamethalin based on the label and my personal observations in the field. i avoid putting pre- ems on cool season grasses though.

timturf
05-13-2003, 08:00 PM
but its prunning those new roots!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr.lawnzap
05-13-2003, 08:13 PM
absolutely not,there must be a climate difference that effects the chemicals in our respective regions because ther is no root prunning going on at all. maybe your degree is a little dated cause extension office said it was great (oklahoma state univ. ag. dept) dont try to say im uneducated cause iv almost got my bs in horticulture.

LAWNGODFATHER
05-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Team is garbage, slit apps, short control and prunes roots in all turf grasses.

The problem with team is what you are controlling has a 50% chance of germinating before you apply the second app.

Might as well use that krap you can seed with...

Whorrable control, no post em, high N laced ferts.

And your applying warm season grasses which will choke out many types of weeds.

Barricade or Dimension.... One has a better post weed control.

Price is actually a whole lot cheaper than 2 split apps.

Once you know your chemical you will realize that.

timturf
05-14-2003, 07:16 AM
they say it's great, but length of control is short, that's why split applications, and it's a bad root prunner!!!!!!!!! One of the worst!!!!!!!

Barricade, dimension, don't root prune as bad, and bensulide even less!!!!!!

All grassy pre emerge are root prunners except one!!!!!!!

Unfortunally, it's not label for residential turf!!!!

Sometimes I think the more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.

great to see you almost have your bs in hort.

azturfpro
06-22-2003, 05:21 AM
I shoot gallery and pendulum wdg at full rates after the fourth mow . I have no weeds for the entire winter . In april I apply dimension and have few problems with summer weeds .