PDA

View Full Version : barcoding

tiedeman
05-14-2003, 01:08 AM
I was thinking about barcoding my invoices, my daily intinerary, etc. to make things go quicker & faster. Does anybody use barcoding, and what do you think about it, and what types of software and programs are needed?

LAWNGODFATHER
05-14-2003, 05:21 AM
I know Clip has it, but there could be others.

With some of the software out, all you would have to do is click a few buttons and you are all done.

I don't use it and though that would be sweet, but will it really save time and trouble?

LawnLad
05-14-2003, 02:57 PM
As I heard a computer techy guy say - computers allow us to compute things much faster than we could manually years ago. But if you have problems in your existing systems now and you computerize the system, you'll just make your mistakes occur that much faster and more frequently.

The danger in technology is that it won't fix a bad system, it will just magnify the problem. Get the system in place and then use technology to automate where you can. Garbage in.... garbage out.

walker-talker
05-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Lawn Momnkey uses bar coding. At the beginning of the work day you can print out a route sheet to give your crews. Has start and stop time for each property and other info for your crews to read and record. Might be a useful tool if you had many accounts. It's an add on feature, but not sure what it cost. The bar coding is located on the route sheet and has a bar code next to the list of each property to be maintenanced.

MATT

JML
05-14-2003, 06:44 PM
I use gopher 2002, I actually just ordered my barcoding kit for Gopher 2002, i'll let you know how i make it..

HBFOXJr
05-14-2003, 08:31 PM
I bought the add on from QXpress/Alocet but did not buy the scanner. I think I can deal with the work on the screen with their software just as easy.

On the screen I can select multiple jobs to do something with rather than the one at a time bar code.

tiedeman
05-14-2003, 09:33 PM
I would like to get into it, but I looked into the cost of the bar coder scanner just itself and I was like , "WHOAH!!!"

I mostly want it for routing. Time in and Time out.