PDA

View Full Version : Bad Hydroseeding job/what now?

iclgs
05-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Got a client that had a landscaper do hydroseeding job for him last year. The seed didn't come up in alot of places so the are is very patchy. He wants to put more seed down. He wants us to rake it all first then lay the seed.

I have never done a job of this size. What equipment could I use that isn't going to ruin existing grass. I really don't want to have to hand rake a 5000 sq ft area!!

Your advice please!

ksland
05-14-2003, 04:49 PM
slit seeder, or de-thatcher then seed with a spreader. Throw in some starter fert and lime, and water daily but not to puddling

yerturfsux
05-14-2003, 06:09 PM
I'll tell you what really worked good for me is a roller spiker. roll it over and over and over. Lime/fert/seed the **** out of it and water it daily for 15 min. I used 16-4-8 and it was fine. I typically sling my products heavy though. The roller was placed behind my personal golf cart, but a four wheeler or rider would work as well. Hell, rent it, charge customer for renting.(absorbed of course)

green with envy
05-15-2003, 03:45 PM
Power rake the seed then rake again.

Are you sure he watered last year??

We do tons of hydroseeding and the only jobs that came out poorly are the ones where they did not water properly.

I would say that over 95% of "ALL BAD HYDROSEEDING JOBS"
are from poor watering...:blob4: