PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas......?

precisionlawn
05-15-2003, 03:01 PM
I'm going to post two pics of a property that wants some work done. This is only a couple of the things she wants done, however, everything else doesnt need opinion's. Please any suggestions are helpful.

On this one please keep in mind she doesnt want any purple, and she wants a light colored rock....

precisionlawn
05-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Same thing light colored rock, probablly same as front of house, plus, what type of pavers.

mdb landscaping
05-15-2003, 04:07 PM
i think that the pinkish looking rock would look good. i dont know what they call it, but i have it in my yard and it looks great. it has multi color pastel type colored stones that has a hint of pink and grey......

precisionlawn
05-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Yeah, that pink rock is probablly called tiffany pink, thats what im going to try and sell her on im thinking tiffany pink (med). I can get it for $65/ton. Anyone know anysites on the stonewalls, so I can get ideas. Also, what would you charge to install the tiffany pink rock/figuring the $65/ton.

Green in Idaho
05-15-2003, 06:24 PM

What's the chick got against purple? And ask her to straighten out her flag next time too.

Maybe take your fine digital to your rock supplier (landscape rock, not the other kind) and take photos of the different types YOU have available in your area. Be sure to note the price per ton so she can choose from them if she is particular. Otherwise if it's totally up to you, throw in what looks nice and gives you the biggest profit margin.

Flowering g/c Snow in summer. Or some other all season flowering one since that area desperately needs color.

Find the answer at your local nursery.

Using the same stone in the back (same house right?) is obviously a good choice.

BUT look at the neighors rock on the other side of the fence. IF you use something different to two rocks are inevitably going to be kicked into the others and the mix is going to look bad. So maybe the same as the neighbor has unless it's displeasin to homeower.

Pavers color style texturs as those bricks piled up on the left of the pic. Consitency, repetition, and coordinated throughout an area.

bommaritro
05-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Try Tipple Stone is is red in color(You can also get grey. I would do that before pink. Thi a boulder but the color is consitent through out. Most yards in my area carry it in #2 size or smaller.

Last time I priced it it was $45 a yard weighing in at arou 1.5 tons.

Ron

bridges
05-15-2003, 09:07 PM
I would go with blue stone. I have that and it looks good.

Back yard would be a row of arbavites or hemlocks. Depends on how sun gets in there. Hide the fence and neighbor. If not then use the the blue stone. Some place I think mix the blue stone with what the neighbors have.

But I don't think they are going to mix. I don't see how they will be getting kick in. But you could always put a plastic edge up along the fence.

Is pink stones going to match the pavers?