PDA

View Full Version : Passing out flyers now???

Jon99
05-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Is passing out flyers this time of the year too late???? This is my first year and I have enough work to keep me busy for two plus days, obviously wanting to pick up a few more customers...

Bob Minney
05-18-2003, 06:10 PM
I don't think its ever too late-may not be prime time and response rate wont be as high. If you have time and need/want more accounts, do it. You never know when someone is ready to make a change.

gogetter
05-18-2003, 07:07 PM
This is a great time in my opinion. As a matter of fact, I'll be passing out 1,000 over the next week or two.

There are two types of customers you will get.

1. Those that have been doing it themselves, but are now getting tired of it. Whether it be the heat, don't have the time, health reasons, whatever.

2. Those that hired a less then professional service that isn't doing a good job, or isn't showing up regularly, or isn't showing up at all anymore.

The last two years I passed my fliers out late for various reasons and still got a good response (over 1%, closer to 2%).
And these were the reasons they said they called me.

Plus I picked up neighbors of regular customers that waived me over for a price in the middle of the season.
So now would be a great time to put a flier in ther face (ok, just hang it on their door! LOL!).

To help your odds, maybe paper clip a business card to the flier. Something for them to hold on to. Maybe they won't call you this year, but will still have your card around and call you next year.

Just some thoughts. Good luck.

Georgiehopper
05-18-2003, 07:38 PM
I do fliers whenever business slows down no matter what time of year it is. I always get calls.

alpine692003
12-17-2003, 03:28 AM
Do you guys suggest attaching a business card to your door hanger? Or is the door hanger sufficient enough for advertisement when you go to the house and just hang it on the door?

precisioncut
12-21-2003, 04:10 PM
I was thinking of attaching a magnetic biz card to it so they can alwyas have my # on the fridge.

tiedeman
12-22-2003, 07:18 AM
market whenever you can. I always think that the best time to market is when the season is still fresh in their minds. Those that pick you up as an LCO now show that they care about their lawns and like to plan for the future.

alpine692003
12-23-2003, 02:56 AM
Ya.. Just spread them out all year round, I'm beginning my door hanging in mid Jan'04...

I'm going to do 1000 door hangers, newspaper ads, then 1000 fliers through the mail slots!

Keep pounding them out!

mowitup
12-27-2003, 04:35 AM
I don't put biz cards with the fliers because I don't want to have to spend the extra money on losing a flier and a card on a potential no-call, but that's me. Gogetter had a good idea with the card and flier. They might keep the card and call you later. I don't know what the scoop in IL is but here in Vegas there are always new houses being built. Those are the ones to target. Most of those guys moving in came from apartments and don't own equipment. That's where we come in and take all thier money! Just kidding.

FosterGroundsMaint
12-31-2003, 08:35 PM
When I first started out, I attached a bus card to each flyer, and with about 125 fliers I got 4 customers.

alpine692003
12-31-2003, 09:36 PM
When you said 4 customers, did you get those customers regularly?

ie) weekly service?

I am seriously considering attaching a paperclip to the doorhanger with my business card!

But that would seem like a waste of extra money!

2 things gone down the drain!

Business card + door hanger = twice the amount wasted!