PDA

View Full Version : Glen-Gary Bricks

Georgiehopper
05-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Has anyone used Glen Gary bricks and if so what do you think of them compared to concrete pavers? What is their longevity? I have a customer who wants to use them but I can't find much information on them.

AGLA
05-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Pretty much all we use for walks and patios set dry. They are not as strong as conc. pavers, but are an authentic clay brick that gives the look that our clients want. They are inconsistant in length width and color, but that is part of the look that some people are after. We set set them on 6-8" of compacted stone dust.

Mowingman
05-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Most Glen Gary pavers are made from shale, they are "shale brick" as we call them in the industry. Shale brick, if burned properly in the kiln, are the strongest, hardest brick you can buy. I worked in the brick industry for 10 years, and I can tell you that properly fired shale brick pavers are many times as strong as any concrete paver. In fact , any hard-fired brick is much superior in strength to concrete pavers. If your customers looked at test reports comparing concrete and brick pavers, they would always select brick if they were only concerned about strength and durability. The big drawback to brick pavers is that good quality ones are a lot more expensive than concrete pavers. Of course, you get what you pay for.:D

Georgiehopper
05-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Do the Glen-Gary Bricks have any kind of manufacturers warranty on them like the concrete pavers do?

Also what kind of gurantee do you guys offer on your paver installations?