PDA

View Full Version : whats the best?

7fires
05-19-2003, 07:23 AM
I have looked in most of these forums and i still haven't found the answer to my main question. what is the best ztr for commercial mowing? I am looking for solid facts (like test studies similiar to consumers digest) as well as your personal opinion. I have been to every ztr website and all say thier the best and all are running aboutthe same on price.

NYRookie
05-19-2003, 08:24 AM
I don't know of any consumer report stuff on commercial ztr's. I have an Exmark and I love it. All the big ones use either Kawi or Kohler for an engine. I would see what other LCO's are using in your area. Dealer support is a big deal when your machine goes down. Almost everyone in my area uses Exmark, Ferris or Toro because there are 3 big dealers around. The only thing I wish my Exmark had was the suspension seat, other than that it cuts like a beauty.

65hoss
05-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Solid facts? Nope. None exist. I tried to give Jim @ Turf the idea of a shootout for mowers. Make everything equal, get seasoned operators, etc and test them. I never have heard anything back after our intial talk. Maybe they decided not to open that can of worms.