PDA

View Full Version : Confront and New Grass

Scraper
05-20-2003, 10:02 AM
I see on label not to seed for three weeks after treatment. My question is, how soon after seeding and growth is noted would it be safe to spray? I aerated and overseeded my property three weeks ago and with all the rain it is coming in nice. Now it is time to hit the masses of plantain I have. Should I wait until I know I have been actually cutting the new grass or since Confront is broadleaf selective not be concerned. I saw no reference on label to post seeding application.

Grassmechanic
05-20-2003, 02:26 PM
What type of grass? For a rule of thumb that I use - NO chemical applications until at least 4 mowings.

Mike

green with envy
05-20-2003, 02:28 PM
I would wait until it has been cut at least six times!!

It's more important to get the grass healthy and let the grass help choke out the weeds.

Scraper
05-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Well I was leaning more towards 3 times as 6 will take me into the heat of summer and probably temps above what I would spray in. As for letting the grass get thicker, have you ever walked across a field of plantain? Like walking thru a bowl of lettuce. LOL I have finally reached the threshold where the grass just may outnumber the weeds. Has been a couple years of aerating and overseeding with leftover seed from jobs. Kinda like a free lawn although spending lots of patience waiting. ;)

kickin sum grass
05-20-2003, 05:07 PM
we do 2 full cuts. That means that all of the new grass gets cut 2 times before spraying. If you have areas that are not tall enough to cut then wait for them to catch up with the rest.

timturf
05-21-2003, 09:18 AM
contact the manufactor about it, but first check label again, I would think it would be on label.

my sample label, under APPLICATION DIRECTIONS, 3rd paragraph, states: "Newly seeded turf should be mowed --------or --------- times before being treated."

Scraper
05-21-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks Tim...selective blindness is a problem, but I still do not see it. Can you please direct me to it on the actual label instead of being a pompous donkey. All I see is well established turf referenced.

http://www.dowagro.com/webapps/lit/litorder.asp?filepath=label/pdfs/noreg/010-00063.pdf&pdf=true

timturf
05-22-2003, 06:35 PM
Scaper,
Just wanted to make sure you were reading the label. Your blindness is a problem, maybe you should check your eyes. All aside, it's on your label you supplied, but in a different location then I said. LOOK at pg 3; under APPLICATION DIRECTIONS; 2nd paragraph; next to last sentence.

Scraper
05-27-2003, 09:31 AM
LOL...there it is. Thanks Tim. Kinda what I figured. Still can't believe I overlooked that many times.