PDA

View Full Version : Best Workboots

The Lawn Crew
05-22-2003, 01:43 AM
My co-worker and I were wearing leather boots which were soaked early on in the day. It was raining lightly today and the boots were waterlogged after walking in the wet grass applying the second round application.

We were considering buying some rubber boots from Lesco to keep our feet dry. However, the rubber won't breath and we will still have wet feet, from the inside out.

Another possibility is a gortex/leather combo, with some silicone applied to the leather for waterproofing. All leather boots are a PITA to break in, so we'd prefer a different idea.

Appreciate knowing what works for you.

Turfdude
05-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by The Lawn Crew
My co-worker and I were wearing leather boots which were soaked early on in the day. It was raining lightly today and the boots were waterlogged after walking in the wet grass applying the second round application.

We were considering buying some rubber boots from Lesco to keep our feet dry. However, the rubber won't breath and we will still have wet feet, from the inside out.

Another possibility is a gortex/leather combo, with some silicone applied to the leather for waterproofing. All leather boots are a PITA to break in, so we'd prefer a different idea.

Appreciate knowing what works for you.

Why leather work boots for applications?? Did you pass your CORE exam?? Get good applicator boots! Yes your feet may sweat, but at least the pesticides won't be against your skin!

The Lawn Crew
05-24-2003, 12:19 AM
We will probably buy a couple of pairs of the Bata boots from Lesco, although Rocky brand makes a Pathfinder boot which has a rubber bottom and tip with waterproof leather uppers. Check www.mvp.com For $70.00 they look pretty good.

The Lawn Crew
05-25-2003, 08:02 PM
Have the Bata boots from Lesco. Absolute rubber with no warmth. Heels picks up inside the boot. Will continue looking for something else, but at least the rainy days and wet early-mornings will be acceptable while wearing these boots. can switch during the day as things dry out.

grassguy_
05-26-2003, 02:07 AM
Used to use the Tingley lightweight spray boot and was quite comfortable. Now we use the slip over tingley for our own shoes, lighter to walk in and feet really don't sweat because your in your work shoe.

philk17088
05-26-2003, 10:16 AM
I use a chippewa hiking boot for good ankle support, they were comfortable from the get go. I use the tingley pull over boot as well and they work great, keeps the pesticide off your feet and can be washed off easily. I used to buy cheap boots but my knees and ankles paid the price.