PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used a Toro Dingo?

bushwacker
05-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Well, I'm thinking of purchasing a Dingo. Use it for irrigation/landscape design work. Anyone here familiar with these machines? Do you like it? Any other suggestions?

longviewlawncare
05-23-2003, 02:16 AM
the dingos are great. I don;t own one but rent one at least 1 time per month. If you go out to buy a decent setup it can get kinda pricey i think. But for versatility, maneuverability, and overall time savings it is great. You will not be disappointed.

SWD
05-23-2003, 06:28 AM
I have had the occassion to use different manufacturers types of mini skid steers.
I found the rubber tracked ones to be overall much better than the wheeled ones.
Compaction, ease of movement, less turf or subgrade disturbance, increased stability - these are all benefits to a tracked mini skid steer.

kris
05-23-2003, 06:40 AM
Mt50 Bobcat ...purchased last winter... we have put it to work every day.

hnter
05-23-2003, 01:00 PM
i have a 322 and love it...just don't expect it to be good at things it isn't designed to do...

Strawbridge Lawn
05-23-2003, 07:02 PM
I have rented Dingos on numerous occasions and love them EXCEPT for the lack of adequate traction. A necessary element in many landscape areas... I use the 4 wheel model and it seems to be hindered without tracks IMO. Everything else is awesome, but this one element has me looking at Kubota and Deere larger tire 4WD tractors.

Land Design
05-23-2003, 07:03 PM
everyones so positive so heres the other opinion.........

i have only used a ramrod/dingo for landscape purposes. If your buying to ONLY move material (mulch/dirt) its ok. I have only used ones with wheels, as far as the lawn goes i have found them to be gentle on the turf. overall they are jerky to drive slowly, underpowered and use a whole tank of gas in 2 hours. not real impressed with payload either. just another opinion. possibly for auger work they would be good

landdesign

PRapoza451
05-24-2003, 11:42 AM
We have a Dingo and think it's great. As stated before; don't try to do what it's not designed to do. The most common argument against them is "They can't do what a Bobcat can do." Duh? They are not a Bobcat, see second sentence. They can get in places and do things it would take three people to do. The auger is great for planting. Forks are great for transporting trees and shrubs around and planting, transplanting etc... They will wear a path in the lawn if you go over the same spot more than six times or so. The machine weighs 1500lbs plus attachments and operator. I'd look into the ASV RC-30 when it's time to replace my Dingo though. One tank of gas (5 pl us gal.) lasts us 5-8 hrs. depending on how much you run it.

bushwacker
06-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Im thinking of purchasing one for the use of trenching and auger. Currently I've been renting a small stump grinder for those stump jobs I get every now and then. Anyone used the stump grinder one this thing?

Groundcover Solutions
06-02-2003, 11:24 PM
We rented Dingo once, the rental place had just got it in and no one had ever rented it before. So we decided to put it through its paces. We used it to build a medume sized brick paver patio! worked great, we decuded to use it to do some other projects and it has praformed them with ease! The one we rented was the largest one they offer I think not too shoure. It had the tracks and was great on grass! Just my 2 cents

hnter
06-03-2003, 12:49 PM
if anyone has any first-hand feedback on the stump grinder i'd like to hear it...

Green Goblin
06-07-2003, 10:06 PM
will pay for itself if you have the work

Kohls Landscaping Co
06-08-2003, 01:04 PM
I've used one several times. They are great. They only thing I would recommend would be to demo the dingo because after using one for several hours, my hands we sore. I didn't care a whole lot for the hand controls. Make sure you are comfortable with the hand controls before purchasing. They are awesome otherwise...

KerryB
06-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Has anyone used a Kanga?
I have been looking into both and would love to demo one. The only problem is no dealer nearby.
What does one run $$$$?

gogetter
06-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Here's a question I'm just curious about (not in the market for one). If one owns a Dingo and bought a couple attachments that they will use most often, but then has a 'one time' need for another attachment, can they just rent the attachment?

Kohls Landscaping Co
06-09-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm sure it's possible, it's just being able to find a rental shop that would carry dingo attachments that might give you trouble. I know you can rent Bobcat attachments at a local rental shop around my place...

Green Goblin
06-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Usually if they carry a dingo

AltaLawnCare
06-17-2003, 10:10 AM
I agree with Land Design. I rented one last week-end with a bucket and "rotodairon" attahment. Too jerky, under powered...
he rotodairon was a major dissapointment...it didn't bury any debris, I tried it at different depths. I didn't try the seeder attachment.
It took 30 to 45 minutes to spread a little top soil, which I could have done in about 10 with my tractor.

My tractor can do many more things than the Dingo ca do, but I can't think of anything the Dingo could do better than the tractor, except maybe get in to tight spots. :rolleyes:

Green Goblin
06-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Plant a 3" caliper tree in area with 3" gate.