PDA

View Full Version : Customer asked me to put Scotts fert. on her lawn?

lasher66
05-23-2003, 11:51 PM
Hi,
I had a customer ask me to go get Scotts fertilizer from home depot and put some on her lawn for her. Am I able to do this if I am not licenced in fertilizer apps. I wasnt sure if I had to be licenced to put down fertilizer. Thanks

Lasher

mike9497
05-23-2003, 11:54 PM
you need a pest license.it may be legal in you state like it is here to put down straight fertilizer. which would be the scotts turf builder with nothing else in it

tiedeman
05-24-2003, 12:19 AM
ya same here, I think that if its straight granular fertilizer then it might be ok..but I would first check if I was you.

grassguy_
05-24-2003, 09:54 AM
In Ohio if you are applying a fertilizer commercially, (for someone other than your own home and as a paid service), you are required to have an applicators license. If you've applied only a fertilizer with no control product then you are not required to post the property, otherwise you need to post it. It could be a sticky situation if you made an application and something went wrong with the lawn. Having the liability coverage for doing applications is important as well, never know when something might go wrong even when you meant doing it with the best intentions.

ProMo
05-24-2003, 10:28 AM
in Fl you can apply it if the customer supplys the material and the application equipment

PR Fect
05-24-2003, 12:02 PM
In Wisconsin you need the license and post the application if it is not your own property. This gos for any and all pesticide applications. Weed killer, rat poison, bug spray, ect.

bob
05-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Check here, http://www.members.aol.com/groundkprs/pesticides/pestregs.html