PDA

View Full Version : Edger- What's A Good One To Buy

SUGAR_CUT_MARK
05-24-2003, 10:51 AM
any suggestions on what is a good edger to buy for my lawn care business?? also, why and how much

Green Pastures
05-24-2003, 12:45 PM
I have an Echo stick edger and love it.

I only really have to use it on my contract accounts roughly twice per year. We have mostly fescue here and I use the stick edger to really clean up the edges and leave a good "trench" between the grass and walkway in the spring and early fall. The rest of the year I maintain the edge with a string trimmer.

You also may want to look into an old style 3 wheeled edger, if you have an abundance of creeping grasses in the lawns you maintain. Some guy's in the south have to use a bladed edger weekly.

SUGAR_CUT_MARK
05-24-2003, 09:11 PM
thx for the reply. i have an Echo weed whip, however im rather disappointed in it because it appears to be leaking oil. i just boought it last summer and have only used it on my own lawn. I am a little reluctant to invest in Echo products because of this.

PaulJ
05-25-2003, 02:46 AM
A commercial straight shaft trimmer with an edgit attachment. www.edgit.com

Tx Firefighter
05-25-2003, 09:30 AM
I took an Echo back after 1 week because it was leaking oil. I got the Stihl and could not be happier. It cost $325 though.

SUGAR_CUT_MARK
05-25-2003, 02:36 PM
thx for the replies. i will try to take it back to home depot, hopefully they wil let me exchange it or refund my money.

J.Henderson
05-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Have a Stihl stick edger also. It was a little costly but worth it.