PDA

View Full Version : My New Truck / My Last Toy

Firefighter Dave
05-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Here is my new Ford F250. I just love this truck. It's a big switch from my Expidition, I am still trying to learn how to turn into parking spaces; and back up with a trailer again. It only has the V-10 not the new deisel, I couldn't afford the extra 6 G's that with along with the bigger engine.

And as for my last toy, I am sure this will be for a while. Wife is pushing the baby issue and wanting one..... so no more big toys for a while, unless I need a new Exmark Lazer Z <grin>.

Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

pottstim
05-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Nice looking truck, Dave. That is about the same shade of red as my 2002 Silverado. Does your truck have the FX4 package? I thought I could see Ranchos under it. Enjoy your new ride. :)

HarryD
05-24-2003, 10:58 PM
I dont care much for the red bumper and grill but the rest of the truck looks awsome. dave did you get the FX4 package

now you need to go here to the superduty forum and check out everyone eles toys :)

http://www.fordtruckworld.com/

Firefighter Dave
05-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Yes, it has the FX4 Package, it's loaded without the leather.... only missing the roof marker lights, plow pakage and electronic compass....

I love the moon roof..... but don't leave it open when it rains... already learned that one....

Dave

Green in Idaho
05-25-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Firefighter Dave
Here is my new Ford F250. .. It's a big switch from my Expidition, :blob2: :blob2:

At least F250 is easier to spell.

What's up with the lights on top? Is that for snowplowing? :sleeping:

leadarrows
05-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Fire Fighter Lights hummm :rolleyes: LOL

Firefighter Dave
05-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Yeah.... well I didn't use spell check.... wouldn't be the first time I didn't.....

The lights are for emergency use.... I am a full-time Fire Medic....

Dave

Green in Idaho
05-25-2003, 03:37 PM
So I guess you pull off the white magnetic sign and slap on a firefighter Dave sign, eh?

So Dave's running to a fire with trailer in tow. "Hey Chief I brought my mowers if we need to cut the tall grass before putting the fire out."

Why not just borrow the fire truck to pull your lawn equip?

Not to mention the fuel consumption of a V10. Go OPEC!

:dizzy: Kind of like the Firefighter Lawn Care Web site that was posted on here some time ago It's cheesy in my opinion.

But whatever lights your fire!

Firefighter Dave
05-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Green in Idaho
So I guess you pull off the white magnetic sign and slap on a firefighter Dave sign, eh?

So Dave's running to a fire with trailer in tow. "Hey Chief I brought my mowers if we need to cut the tall grass before putting the fire out."

Why not just borrow the fire truck to pull your lawn equip?

Not to mention the fuel consumption of a V10. Go OPEC!

:dizzy: Kind of like the Firefighter Lawn Care Web site that was posted on here some time ago It's cheesy in my opinion.

But whatever lights your fire!

WHAT? :dizzy:

Dave

Nozzleman
05-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey Green, What's your problem? The guy is posting a picture of his new truck that I am sure he is very proud of so cut him some slack.

Also, F/F Dave may have misspelled one little word by accident, which I must say you were very quick to point out. But, if you actually need to ask why he has a red light bar on his truck then maybe you should spend some more time critiquing your own thoughts/ idea's before posting them and less time worrying about other peoples spelling mistakes.

F/F Dave, Nice truck brother.

Frosty_03
05-26-2003, 12:04 AM
I think you have a nice Rig Dave and as for the other Dude Green in Idaho Let's see your Rig. I think he was just joking, however it did seem off line. Once again F/F Dave nice Rig. I fixing to buy me a 3500 Dodge Ram. Haven't decided if I'm going with the Hemi or Diesel. :blob2: :cool:

ksland
05-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Sweeet, nice ride! And its my color! :cool:

snowplowjay
05-26-2003, 08:44 AM
From a die hard Ford man I salute you Dave nice truck. I like the FX4 package. all that truck is lacking is the PowerStroker and the Xblade i would hang from it hehe.

Jay

Barkleymut
05-26-2003, 10:03 PM
That truck is really nice looking. Too bad it doesn't have a bowtie. He he he

NYRookie
05-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Sharp looking truck. The only thing that would help it was if it said GMC on the grill.:D I have my blue light on the dash. Got rid of my light bar when I didn't run for asst chief again. Hope you got a gas card for that puppy. I know 2 guys with them and they are not real fuel efficient. Matches your trailer too. My wife is 3 months pregnant so I was told if I want another truck or mower I better do it quick, and pay for it in cash also.:blob3:

wxmn6
05-27-2003, 02:31 AM
Nice looking truck! Too bad it's a Ford. :D Just kidding. Nice lightbar. I just got some sets of 911EP leds and man, they really blow me off. When I get a chance to install it, it will blow everyone off the street. :D

cat320
05-27-2003, 12:18 PM
what are the 911ep leds whelen's ? where will you mount them?

drobson
05-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Great truck.. same deal though, I'm not too fond of the grill and bumper being the same color as the truck...

wxmn6
05-28-2003, 11:26 PM
cat320, 911EP is the name of manufacturer. They are pretty new in the market. They makes really nice LEDs and its extremely bright.

Their web site: http://www.911ep.com/

As far as the location of leds, that will have to wait. :D I am just getting ready for my big project. I hope to have my project done sometime in June. Once it is done, I will post some pics. ;)

Firefighter Dave
05-29-2003, 07:45 AM
Cat20,

Can't wait to see them. 911 makes some good products.

Dave