PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Question

mrbenfer
05-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Alright HUGE question guys.......... heh

On my trimmer i use these long plastic blades that dont break off when you hit stuff with them / the long plastic string that breaks off every time you hit something.

These plastic blades were first advertised on tv, you guys prob know what i'm talking about and thinking what a amature....
your right. I'm just starting out guys so be easy on me :)

My view of these little plastic things are that they are to heavy for most trimmers and will slow down rpm's. Spits back rocks/weeds back at me faster. They wear down every week so i have to change them witch is $5 for a new box of 9 blades.

Have you guys herd of this toy.... i'm interested in your views of the product?

gogetter
05-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Well, what is it you want to hear? Sounds to me like you've already realized that they are no good.
Scrap 'em and get yourself a big spool of trimmer line. I have a 5lb spool that I bought two years ago for around $25 and still have a long way to go before it's gone.

Good luck.

BobV
05-25-2003, 11:10 PM
About 7-8 years ago I sent away for a head that had a chain saw like chain with about 1 1\2" X 3\8" straight steel end.

This head cost about $20. and it has lasted 8 years. Wish I could remember were I got it.

It was real hard to remember that it cut thru almost everything. Electric fence wire, hoses, phone line, mower tires, plastic gas can, trailer wires, just to name a few.:D