PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Install Contract Wording.

AltaLawnCare
05-25-2003, 12:24 PM
I have a good 2 page maintenance contract I use, and want to change the wording around to be used for installs.
Any suggestions about some items to include?
I think I need to say something about:
50% deposit ;
Extra materials ;
Mother Nature Clause ;
Theft of Materials ;
Final Payment Due ;
???

Any examples of wording would be greatly appreciated! ;)

fblandscape
05-25-2003, 04:40 PM
I have these things in my contract. There is also a map of the property which goes with it, but that is done on a case by case basis.

V. Permits / Utilities / Maps
A: All necessary permits to be acquired by homeowner / property manager prior to the start of any work being performed.
B: Homeowner / property manager is responsible for marking property lines, as well as wetlands borders of said property as listed in section II.
C: Homeowner / property manager are responsible for locating and marking septic systems, irrigation systems, underground dog fences, and wells.
D. Homeowner / property manager agrees to have any overhead conductors lowered to the ground should it be requested in writing.
E. Maps not to scale:

gilllawnservice
05-26-2003, 08:19 AM
I would love to get a copy of that contract.

AltaLawnCare
05-27-2003, 07:08 AM
Thanks, fblandscape.

Heres what I got soo far...its in MS word. Anyone can take it and use it if you wish. I got the basis from a member here a couple of years ago. ;)

earthtool
05-28-2003, 02:10 AM
Alta, thanks for sharing the contract.

fblandscape
05-28-2003, 02:21 AM
Billy- The map I was referring to is produced by the contractor to denote where, and what work is being done to the property. That is why I have in there "not to scale." Basically it would be a freehand drawing, or something of the sort which locates the major permanent fixtures such as the house, the driveway, garage, etc. Then it locates any plants which are to be planted, transplanted, or removed, as well as retaining walls, patios, etc. I would also tell you to have them locate any other underground conductors. My never consists of any excavation, so I do not have the clause in there for underground utilities. However I do worry about septic, wells, and shallow lines.

zukofsu
06-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the contract

mdvaden
06-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Payment is due to us on completion - that's included, and a an option for extension with our authorization.

Otherwise, we've written in the $50 late fee.

In Oregon, we are required to indicate either a guarantee, or, if none, then a statement indicating there is none.

And we have to include the name and address of the state landscape license board on our contracts.

A lot of our work is pruning. And a lot of projects are small enough to give on the spot estimates. So my contract / proposal forms have a small checklist of tools, ladders, tree tie, whatever.

When I write up the work, or see the site, I circle the items on the checklist so I won't forget which tools to bring.

vardener
06-21-2003, 08:17 AM
Thanks for sharing the contract.

Lacebark Boy
09-06-2003, 07:16 AM
Thanks for posting that contract form. I start a job today at 8:00 a.m. and I need something for them to sign. Yours' was just right. I appreciate it . Lacebark Boy

Randy Scott
09-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Lacebark Boy
Thanks for posting that contract form. I start a job today at 8:00 a.m. and I need something for them to sign. Yours' was just right. I appreciate it . Lacebark Boy

What were you going to do if this thread hadn't been started?

GLAN
09-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Randy Scott
What were you going to do if this thread hadn't been started?

Hmmmmm...........;)

AltaLawnCare
09-07-2003, 11:21 AM
Glad it helped,
I got most , if not all of my documents from others who share, then customize them to suit me.

Kut Kreator
11-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the contract, starting a landscaping project next week @ McDonald's.

Ferngolf
02-17-2004, 08:47 AM
I think the most important sentence in my contract is this:
Land Solutions, Inc. owns all material provided until final payment is made.
This is a great leverage tool when trying to collect the last check.
Luckily, we have not had to enforce it....................yet.

CHEVYCRAIG
04-13-2004, 01:38 PM
THANKS ALTA LAWN, better wording then mine,will incorporate some of the wording .thx again

Durhamlawns
04-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Great Contract,
Thanks for the input