PDA

View Full Version : LESCO Backpack Sprayer (BRAND NEW) LEAKING???

airborne1
05-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Brand new LESCO backpack sprayer and its leaking what is up with that?? Good thing I had tree hugger fertilizer in it because I got a whole back full right out the top cap.

Anyone else have this problem??

What if it had been round up??

yes the cap was about as tight as I could get it by hand.

fblandscape
05-27-2003, 12:21 AM
I had the same problem with a 1 year old sprayer I own. My sprayer ran fluid down the hose from I guess a leaky pump? However I was not as lucky as you were. I DID have round-up in the tank when it leaked over a client's lawn which is green, healthy, and weed free. I was only applying the round-up to gardens to kill off a bunch of weeds prior to mulching. Didn't leak too bad, but there are some spots in the lawn which are nice and fried.

MrBarefoot
05-27-2003, 03:32 AM
I bought a sprayer from Lesco this year and it also leaks. I was disappointed with the sprayer overall when I bought it but I didn't want to shop around to find another one.

I did bring it back the next day and they did make an honest effort to fix it, and they did slow the leak. But alas, it still leaks.

Ilovegreen
05-27-2003, 07:45 AM
Lesco gets those sprayers from Solo. Solo had a recall on a lot of units because of oval lips that the lid goes on. Just take the sprayer back to Lesco and they should give you another.
Oh yeah try Scythe spilling out of the top on your back! ouch!!

mr.lawnzap
05-27-2003, 10:51 AM
when i was using solos it leak out the air hole on the top of the cap and around the cap, simply dont fill it all the way up,leave one gallon out and that will stop most of it, buy a jacto backpack sprayer next time!

bam
05-27-2003, 09:02 PM
was it leaking out the top or bottom? as mentioned above theres the air vent, and an o-ring for the lid. the pump at the bottom also have seals that go bad.

if its brand new take it back and ask for a new one. let them send it back Lesco. I purchase alot of hand and backpack sprayers from them and on occassion there junk. let them repair it on there own time. get a new one off the shelf. and test it before you leave.

1grnlwn
05-27-2003, 11:47 PM
I have had two solos (one a Lesco) and they both leaked. The first one was because the top of the opening was not flat and the gasket would not seal all the way around. Used a piece of sheet metal with sand paper glued to it to flatten. Second must be the oval thing you have to be very careful about how you screw on the lid or it will leak. Kind of Ironic when you think of the kinds of materials potentialy used. Bad solo Bad!

airborne1
05-28-2003, 12:00 AM
:(brand new leaking from the o-ring I hate to say it but I assume it is american made right? Probably union guys. Lesco said bring it back in and we will look at it, just what I need to waste more time, not even moderatly impressed (more like depressed). Happy it happened with the tree hugger **** instead of liquid death. :angry: