PDA

View Full Version : A Story I just have to share!!

brian mon
05-29-2003, 08:45 PM
This is why I stopped Managing this Landscape Co. and started my own Lawn Care Biz…. Can’t stand babysitting!!!!

Landscape Co. starting 3rd year all same guys (7), same trucks (3), same trailers (3) two large double axle, one smaller single etc. etc.

Big job to do 30+ miles out of town, load up everything, bobcat, trench-master, sod-cutter, edgeing, pick up 4 ton’s of 11/2” rock w/big dump, which also hauls bobcat and power equipment and head out of town…no problem right?? One crew in club cab, 3 in dump truck….

All went smooth, I guess…. until crew w/bobcat get to job and they don’t have the trailer…. call manager on cell and tell him…. what do you mean!!!! NO trailer…. Manager gets on the road and heads toward job and they start to backtrack…. 10 minuets out of town they find trailer sitting in center divider on an access road like it had been parked there????

These guys drove 20+ miles after loosing the trailer w/bobcat, and all the power equipment!!!!!

They hooked up the trailer using ball for the single axle trailer 2” and not the 2 5/8” for the big trailers……

Thank there lucky stares nothing happened, how is unbelievable, but it was there lucky day!!!!!

dan deutekom
05-29-2003, 09:10 PM
So the leson here is MAKE SURE ALL OF THE TRAILERS AND TRUCKS USE THE SAME TYPE AND SIZE HOOK UP!

longviewlawncare
05-29-2003, 09:15 PM
lucky someone did not come along and have some free equipment. I only use 2 types of hitches. 2" ball for anything 7k or less GVWR and Pintle for anything over that. Makes it alot easier.

BSDeality
05-29-2003, 09:18 PM
got safety chains?

i've dropped a 2" coupler on a 1 7/8" ball before, it makes a hell of a racket and its pretty evident something is wrong. Can't imagine what a 2" - 2 5/8 " difference would sound like.

DaddyRabbit
05-29-2003, 10:21 PM
I know I wouldn't have been so lucky as I would have probably have killed a family of 20 in a Volkswagon bug no less.

Darwin
05-29-2003, 11:53 PM
hey brian

Do you drug test?

fblandscape
05-30-2003, 12:49 AM
That's why I like for everything to have pintle hooks. Don't have to worry about the hitch coming off the ball.

mr.lawnzap
05-30-2003, 12:53 AM
if you guys cant even get to the job what kind of work do you do???

AGLA
05-30-2003, 05:38 AM
I'd be yanking that stereo out of that truck faster than that crew runs to the bank on pay day.

JimLewis
05-31-2003, 07:35 PM
I'd be yanking that stereo out of that truck faster than that crew runs to the bank on pay day LOL. Aint that the truth! I always think it's so funny how some guys just head straight over to the bank within minutes of getting paid. ;)