PDA

View Full Version : Weed Invasion

RICK FRAZIER
05-30-2003, 02:00 PM
I CURRENTLY HAVE A CLOVERLEAF LIKE WEED WITH VERY SMALL YELLOW BLOOMS THAT ARE TAKING OVER MY YARD.

THIS WEED IS VERY DENSE AND GROWS REALLY FAST. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS AND HOW CAN I GET
RID OF IT?

proenterprises
05-30-2003, 02:06 PM
RICK THE CAPS ARE ANNOYING. On this site, typing in caps in considered that you are yelling, type in lowercase for future reference.

Try a scotts program on your lawn. I use it on all of my lawns and it works. It is a 4 step program..give it a shot

Good Luck :)

kickin sum grass
05-30-2003, 02:29 PM
it sounds like oxalis (there is another name but cant think of it) I do not think a scotts product will work but check the label to see if it is listed. It usually takes a professional strenght liquid product to get good results.

skinnyd
05-30-2003, 02:34 PM
I have had good results with Orthos weed b gone. For spot control

Just like anything else be sure to read the label.
So you know if it stays active once on the soil.
For home use I like using the ready mixed. That way I dont wind up with all kinds of extra chemicals hanging around.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Nebraska
05-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Possible Medicago lupulina....aka black medic.

Momentum.

Every thought about hiring an insured and licensed lawn care company with certified and licensed applicators?

mr.lawnzap
05-30-2003, 08:19 PM
you really should consider having a profesional come out, maybe someone from here is close to you and could spray it for you,youll get better results

greenman
05-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Sounds like Oxalis, wood sorrel, treat with 2,4-D products, but will take 2 or 3 apps.

Nebraska
05-31-2003, 09:12 AM
Post a picture of it.