PDA

View Full Version : what is this??

JML
05-30-2003, 03:28 PM
http://www.jmurray.com/leave.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this is. This is on about 100 bushes on a condo complex that we just picked up and I really don't know what it is. thanks.....

hubb
05-30-2003, 09:27 PM
If I find a problem that I can't identify properly I take some samples to my local extension office and pay to have it tested. They can tell you how to take the sample and recommend what to use on it.
Hope this helps.

greenman
05-30-2003, 11:20 PM
I dont know if you have these kinda of shrubs up there like we do down, but I'd say leaf spot on Photinia, very common problem here. Cleyera is being re-planted in its place.

Enviro Green
05-31-2003, 09:06 AM
I would certainly suspect a fungal disease, the target spot lesions are indicative of a fungal infection, as are the small black dots in the inside of the dead tissue, these are the reproductive spores of the fungus. If you have had the same type of weather we have had here, it should come as no surprise to see a fungus going nuts in this wet wet weather.

Also, you can send samples to your department of agriculture, they have folks on staff who sit all day and just identify diseases on plants.

I would think fertilization and a fungicide, but spraying won't cure the problem it can only prevent it from spreading because most fungicides are only able to stop the disease not kill the existing infection.

Hope this helps.

EG