PDA

View Full Version : good, basic backpacksprayer?

GarPA
05-31-2003, 08:09 AM
I have a number of commericial accounts where there are hundreds of annuals to water/fertilize every couple of weeks.

Did a search and there wasn't allot there on backpacks.

What brand and model would you recommend? Lesco was mentioned as well as Echo and something Home Depot sells.
Dont need the casillac of sprayers...rather, larger capacity, reliable, and holds pressure. If you could note the price that would be appreciated...thanks.

kickin sum grass
05-31-2003, 08:23 AM
I have used several backpack sprayers and by far the one I liked best was one I bought at home depot. It is the most comfortable, trouble free, and best working out of all the other name brands I have had. I am not sure of the cost as it has been a couple of years ago since I bought it.

GarPA
05-31-2003, 08:43 AM
Kickin...do you recall what the capacity is? what i need more than anything is a large tank..thanks

kickin sum grass
05-31-2003, 08:46 AM
I will look when I get to the shop this morning. I think it is a 3 or 4 gal. I will also let you know the brand. I will post it later today.

grassdaddy
05-31-2003, 09:28 AM
I have a solo 425,4gal,bought it at lowes for 79.99 +tax.It has served me well.:)

above all
05-31-2003, 11:29 AM
I'll use anything that can not be bought at HD,Lowes, etc. I 'll pay ten buck more from my local Round Butte Seed Co. and get an SPI or anything that my customers can not go out and by at the local discount box. Seeing HD selling JD and Lesco makes me sick. So off goes the Lesco stickers from the spreader and on goes my logo ! I know that I'll never walk in to HD and see my WALKER GHS for sale. ! Are we pros or whats!

mr.lawnzap
05-31-2003, 02:41 PM
i love my jacto,but solo and sp are great too. if you want a decent one your looking at a hundred bucks period. go to the find anything feature to the upper right hand side of this site and youll find all the info you need

kels
05-31-2003, 05:02 PM
I just bought two 3 gallon shindawa b/p for about $55 ea. best ones I have had as far as comfort and pressure

Clay
05-31-2003, 06:08 PM
Here ya go... http://alamia.com/products/ECH-MS100.html

Your needs sounded like you were describing the Echo ms 100 backpack sprayer... 4.5 gallon capacity and holds pressure better than any I've had before...

Best manual sprayer I've owned... the only better backpack sprayer I've owned is the Echo electric with a shurflo pump, but I heard they aren't being made anymore... Jeff at Alamia still had a couple in stock though a while back if you are interested... The electric with a flat spray is perfect for blanket covering turf... I use mine mainly for applying liquid iron....

Good Luck, Clay

mr.lawnzap
05-31-2003, 06:37 PM
hey im not trying to take over this thread but iv thought about getting an electric backpack sprayer and have only used regular ones. how long do the batteries last and how reliable is the pumps and lastly but not least would it be worth the extra money.

GarPA
05-31-2003, 08:00 PM
Yeah Clay since Above All is shaming me into not buying anything Home Creepo or Lowes sells I was looking at the ECHO web site. THe ms100 is their "deluxe" model and holds 4.5 gal. The one just under it is the ms 50...holds 5.4 gal and has a "heavy duty pump" so they say. If the price is within $50 I'll go with the 100. Otherwise the ms 50 with more capacity might work for my needs.....I too dont like to be on a job with non commercial grade stuff but from what you guys are saying the Home Depot and Lowes stuff seems to hold up well.

Any wild idea what the ECHO spayers retail for?
$200 ? $300?...I dont do apps so I am clueless on sprayers

Clay
05-31-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by GarPA

Any wild idea what the ECHO spayers retail for?
$200 ? $300?...I dont do apps so I am clueless on sprayers

Click on the link in the previous thread... goes right to the alamia website... ms100 = $119.00 The other sprayer you mentioned I think uses a different bladder that I'm not familiar with... Jeff at Alamia will probably know...

Clay
05-31-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by mr.lawnzap
hey im not trying to take over this thread but iv thought about getting an electric backpack sprayer and have only used regular ones. how long do the batteries last and how reliable is the pumps and lastly but not least would it be worth the extra money.

I was wondering the same thing before purchasing mine, but after a full day of pumping the manual sprayers my tricep would be so sore I figured it was worth the chance... I think the battery is rated at 4 plus hours of continuous spraying which is a lot of spraying (might depend on how much pressure you spray at as it can be adjusted)... For larger spray jobs when only a backpack will do I don't think you can beat it... Nice consistent pressure that just keeps going and going :-)... I've had mine now for 3 years without any problem and the battery is just starting to not last as long as before, but I have yet to run out of juice on a fully charged battery.... just plug it in at night... I sometimes go many weeks using it sparingly without a charge.... very nice unit...

Clay

bob
05-31-2003, 11:06 PM
I've got a Shindaiwa , 4 gallon backpack sprayer. I payed around $80. Check on eBay, sometimes theres sprayers there.

Enviro Green
05-31-2003, 11:59 PM
Any idea where I might look for an echo electric sprayer or a comparable one? I am tired of blanket apps to 24,000 sq ft lawns and i am too cheap to buy a big sprayer this season. Next year it is on the wish list if I get 100 clients this year!

Thanks!

EG

Clay
06-01-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Enviro Green
Any idea where I might look for an echo electric sprayer or a comparable one? I am tired of blanket apps to 24,000 sq ft lawns and i am too cheap to buy a big sprayer this season. Next year it is on the wish list if I get 100 clients this year!

Thanks!

EG

EG... Try Jeff at Alamia.com 1-800-861-0229... he had a few left in stock, but I think there was not enough demand for them and echo stopped making them... they will have to make parts for about 10 years though... and the pump is a simple shurflo.... Be sure to add a brass flat tip spray and you're in business... :-)

Clay