PDA

View Full Version : how do you do your accounts recievable?

Edgewater
06-01-2003, 03:24 AM
I bill at the end of the month for the services performed in that month.

My customers are expected to send the cheques the same week.

For those of you that bill like this, should I be placing all 72 accounts in the recievables until they are paid? Or should I wait say 10 days and then put any remaining accounts as recievables.

Thanks,
Adam.

kels
06-01-2003, 08:15 AM
I use quick books and it automatically puts clients into accounts receivable until paid.

rodfather
06-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Same here.

GraZZmaZter
06-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Quickbooks Pro here also.

The Green Way
06-02-2003, 08:55 AM
I use gopher2003 to handle my scheduling, and accounts payable. http://www.gophersoftware.com i know it can link with quickbooks but i dont like quickbooks :-)

Mike Bradbury
06-03-2003, 01:11 AM
It's a receivable as soon as it's owed. No waiting period.

Mike Bradbury
06-03-2003, 01:15 AM
enter the days services done each night on an invoice created for each particular customer. you don't have to print them out or close them out. a week (or whatever) later you go do another service, you add another line on the same invoice, with the dates and services listed. Then at the end of the month all you do is click "print invoices" and they are all done and ready to mail.
Maybe I'm misreading you, but if you're going and making the whole months bill up at the end of every month, this will change your life.:D

The Green Way
06-03-2003, 08:37 AM
I used to do something similar to you and it was just too much work. Now I have a daily schedule printed out, I follow my schedule. At the end of the day I click on one button to complete my jobs. At the end of the month I click on one button to generate all my invoices. And then as I look ahead and want to add more crews in the future, I wont be swamped in paperwork. I keep telling my buddies there is a better way but thats all I can do :-)