PDA

View Full Version : weed killer woes!

yellowgrass
06-02-2003, 03:19 PM
Hey guys,

I have a major problem. My lawn was full of weeds, so sprayed weed killer, tilled it, seeded new seeds, fertilized, and rolled everything down with a roller. Now here is my problem, it totally slipped my mind that after I spray the weed killer, nothing will be able to grow in that area for a few months! The grass is coming out, but really really patchy. Is there anything I can do to get grass growing in the areas where I sprayed the weed killer?

Tvov
06-02-2003, 07:38 PM
It depends greatly on the weed killer. Something like Roundup you can reseed in as little as one week. Check the instructions, there should be something about when it is okay to reseed. There isn't a whole lot you can do until the weed killer chemical won't affect seeds.

Also... How long ago did you reseed? And how "patchy" is it? It may be possible that all the seed simply hasn't come up yet. I'd give the seed a month before I'd really worry about it.

Hope this helps.

yellowgrass
06-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Well I re-seeded about 1 month ago. About 50% of the seeds have sprouted. It's like I have a small patch of grass about 6 inches in diameter then an empty patch of the same area, patterened through out the entire lawn.