PDA

View Full Version : billing clients

Live4Mowin'
06-02-2003, 05:19 PM
any tips on how to bill clients w/o contracts so they do not "forget" to pay you.:angry:

rodfather
06-02-2003, 06:18 PM
LOL...have Moose and Rocko hand deliver it. That should do the trick.:D

Live4Mowin'
06-02-2003, 07:30 PM
LOL!:D

steve122
06-02-2003, 07:47 PM
The same way you bill a client with a contract. Send them an invoice for the monthly services. Make sure it says 1 1/2 % monthly on unpaid balances on the bottom in big letters.

Tvov
06-02-2003, 07:57 PM
We send an invoice for the most recent work, and also a statement every month showing the most recent past invoices, payments received, and any overdue amount (and how long overdue!).

I've found that most customers questions are answered when they get the monthly statement. The monthy statement may seem to be a pain (and just extra paperwork, especially for the customers who pay on time), but you'll find it helps to keep everything straight.

Of course, Moose and Rocko probably have a really good response rate....

LawnMower
06-02-2003, 08:45 PM
None of my customers are on a contract. I charge them for when Iv been there. All my customers want me there ones a week, so itís understood.

I use Quick Books Pro. I enter when iv been there for each customer daily. I enter what I was there for. Weather it be cut and trim, or bushes, ect. At the end of the month I create a statement for each customer. The statement lets me and the customer know exactly when I was there. What they owe me, what I own them. I would owe them if they gave me an over payment. I always send a statement with all transactions from the beginning of the season. . So a lot of my customers have statements that are two pages long by the end of the season. I do this so thereís no misunderstanding if they owe me money. Look back at the statementÖitís all there!! I tell them. I donít think Iv ever sent an invoice before. Theyíre more for a one shot job. A statement is geared for a job thatís the same thing over and over. Iím a one-man band and this saves me lots of time, and I get paid.

Jimmy348
06-02-2003, 10:16 PM
How do you invoice and how do you apply sales tax to each individual occurence. I like your method but would like to know how to actually apply it. Please send more information. Thanks

The Green Way
06-03-2003, 07:45 AM
Hey Jim, if you get a chance, download that free trial of gopher at www.gophersoftware.com. I am telling you it changed my life. It's totally set up exactly for landscapers and it makes my billing so smooth! I keep telling all my buddies to try it. I tried quickbooks once and it drove me nuts!

mtdman
06-04-2003, 11:55 PM
Ditto LawnMower, but I don't use Pro as I don't have to track time or whateva. I don't need to do sales tax, and the statement prints out each billed item. Works great.

:D