PDA

View Full Version : Shrub trimming

CoachLinz
06-03-2003, 01:13 AM
I'm fairly new to this business and, though I've advertised other stuff, I've only been doing lawns up to now. However, I got a call tonigt for a mulch job and also some shrub trimming. Mulch is no problem, do that every year for 2 other folks. The shrub trimming is where my question lies. How much do you guys usually charge for this? I'm going tomorrow evening to give her an estimate for the mulch and trimming and I don't know what to charge for the shrubs? Do you go by size, flat rate, or what?

DLS1
06-03-2003, 01:29 AM
How about estimate 20 - 25 minutes per scrub/trunk and multiply that times what you want per hour. Also include haul off to dump fee. It is hard to tell without seeing what is being cut and then you have to factor in type of hedger trimmers you using and your experience and how much you will cut back the scrubs/bushes. Well you get the picture.

Georgiehopper
06-03-2003, 08:35 PM
I think what to charge depends on what you're pruning and how. If you are sheering by hand, that is going to take longer than sheering with gas-powered sheers.

Or if you are judiciously pruning something..that takes even longer.

Figure in your time, use of equipment, and disposal if applicable.