PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Free Give Away

Sean Adams
06-03-2003, 01:18 PM
I am pleased to announce our second free give away at LawnSite.com.

This give away will include the following:

1. Benefits Program Membership ($60.00 value)
2. A LawnSite.com High Quality T-Shirt ($25.00 value)
3. A LawnSite.com Mouse Pad ($12.00 value)
4. A LawnSite.com Coffee Mug($14.00 value)

As with the last give away, in order to be elligible, you will need to respond to the question below. Please remember, you can only post once and you cannot comment on what others post.

The Give Away question is....

If you had the chance to run LawnSite.com for one week, what changes would you make? What would you improve? What would you add to the site?

Thanks in advance to everyone who replies!

h-man
06-23-2003, 02:13 PM
I think that lawnsite is fabulous the way it is. With that said, I think I would try to get some more pictures of landscaping. It would be a great asset for some of us to see how things are done out there. Possibly have a landscaper of the day/week where they showcase their talent, and we are able to ask them questions. Just a thought, anyway keep up the great work here.

TractormanAnson
07-05-2003, 09:41 PM
I THINK I WOULD CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLORS.WELL MAYBE NOT THERE OK.MAYBE I WOULD COMBINE SOME OF THE FORUMS SO I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP JUMPING AROUND.
I WOULD DEFINEITLY ADD LINKS TO MORE SITES.

vardener
07-13-2003, 11:20 PM
Well,

I know this is a theoretical question, but I would hate to run this site for a day. First of all, I know nothing about running a website, so I think it would probably go down the tubes.

That said,

If I had the ability and the opportunity to run this site, and the creative freedom to do what I will with it, What would I change?

Hmmmmm.......

I guess what you are ultimately getting at is that you want some sort of feedback about the site.

Ok, I love it, but I guess there are a couple of things I might change.

1) I think I would add a couple of additional, more specialized forums, like a place where we can all show off our stuff (not that stuff) or a place that is more devoted to landscape maintainence and not just lawn maintainence. Maybe a hardscapes forum. There are some really talented folks out there that could use that kind of outlet.

2)Maybe a referral/subcontracter area. alot of the lawncare guys don't do designs and installations, while alot of the landscape guys don't do lawns. I have clients ask me all the time if I'll maintain their lawns for them (sorry, I don't do that) I'd love to share the green, so to speak.

3)I might advertise a bit more. There only so much you could do in a day, but there are alot more green pros out there than us, I'm sure it would benefit someone to have more participation in this site.

4) I'm kinda tired and think I'll quit at 3.

Hope it helps.

Good night.

J