PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Treatment Software

TOTALLAWN OF KY
06-03-2003, 04:09 PM
IM LOOKING AT DIFFERENT LAWN APP SOFTWARE AND NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON WHAT U GUYS USE
IM LOOKING AT GROUNDSKEEPER PRO ITS 375.00
ALSO LAWN MONKEY AND A FEW OTHERS
I DO LAWN APPS AN AERATIONS SEEDING AND TREE N SHRUB FERT AND INSECT CONTROL AND SOME HIGH DOLLAR MULCH JOBS
WHAT SOFT WARE DO YOU RECOMMEND I TRY ????
GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK

The Lawn Crew
06-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Could try looking for a program called "Lawn Solutions". Knew of a company that used it succesfully to manage over 4000 accounts.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-04-2003, 12:51 AM
www.realgreen.com

For the application type biz........

KenH
06-04-2003, 07:30 AM
On a related note, is there any software where you can track amount of pest. used, job location, weather conditions, etc. I didnt see anything like that on Realgreen.

HBFOXJr
06-04-2003, 08:14 AM
We're using QXpress by Alocet for managing applications and irrigation.

A very, flexible and customizable application that also has an available mapping module.

ant
06-06-2003, 10:36 PM
www.cbsbillmaster.com
had the software for 13 years.
anthony

The Green Way
06-07-2003, 01:21 AM
EDIT - NO ADVERTISING

loser135
07-10-2003, 09:38 PM
I don't know if you're still looking but RealGreen is a great program but $$$. They will deal & negotiate their prices but I have been very pleased with Qexpress by Allocet. Great tech support & low cost. May not do all the things I could do with Realgreen but it does everything I need it to. I recommend it. Good luck.

ericksonbrad@hotmail.com
07-23-2003, 02:50 AM
i have been using a program called invoiceit for 50 bucks and it works great! does scheduluing and all the accounting functions one could want in a service business and can track up to i believe 50,000 customers. works good for me and there is a 30 day free tial off the site @ invoiceit.com LOL

Team Gopher
07-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi TOTALLAWN OF KY,

If you get a chance, consider trying Gopher. It can track amount of pest. used, job location, weather conditions, etc.

KenH
07-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Does gopher have this "It can track amount of pest. used, job location, weather conditions, etc." without the scheduling, billing, etc??? I am looking for a program to make pesticide record keeping easier, but do not want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Welcome team gopher..........

Team Gopher
07-24-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by KenH
Does gopher have this "It can track amount of pest. used, job location, weather conditions, etc." without the scheduling, billing, etc??? I am looking for a program to make pesticide record keeping easier, but do not want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

The chemical tracking feature is available in the Gopher 2003 Professional Edition which currently costs $749. We also offer a payment plan of $100/mo to make it easier to purchase Gopher 2003. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Team Gopher
07-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Lawngodfather :)

KenH
07-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Team Gopher
The chemical tracking feature is available in the Gopher 2003 Professional Edition which currently costs $749. We also offer a payment plan of $100/mo to make it easier to purchase Gopher 2003. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Did you ever think of just offering the chemical tracking feature???:D

turfsurfer
07-26-2003, 12:35 AM
I'm wondering what exactly some of these lawncare software programs offer that I can't do with my current version of Quickbooks Pro? I know that several offer routing, but with only 1 truck I don't feel that is relevant for me. I'm not trying to be funny here, is there really something special about these programs that I'm missing out on? I'm pretty happy with Quickbooks. It lets me do invoices, track expenses and customers, and compiles several reports for me. At what point in your business growth have some of you felt compelled to go to a specialized lawncare software?:confused: :confused:

Team Gopher
07-26-2003, 01:42 AM
While QuickBooks is a terrific accounting package, it doesn't have the scheduling and other features that lawn companies need. Whenever you compare a generic product that's designed for the masses with a niche product designed specifically for your industry, you will see pros and cons for each. One thing to keep in mind is that you don't need to wait for your business to grow before you can benefit from industry-specific software. Sometimes just the opposite happens. Embracing a software package designed for your business can help a smaller company maximize its potential and expand.

Team Gopher
07-26-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by KenH
Did you ever think of just offering the chemical tracking feature???:D

Hi KenH,
Thanks for the great suggestion! We plan to offer some of our features 'a la carte' in the future. Although I would venture to say that we'll always have billing & scheduling features even in the most basic version.
Best regards,
Team Gopher

KenH
07-26-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Team Gopher
Hi KenH,
Thanks for the great suggestion! We plan to offer some of our features 'a la carte' in the future. Although I would venture to say that we'll always have billing & scheduling features even in the most basic version.
Best regards,
Team Gopher

I think you will find there is a need for this. There are no programs out there solely for the purpose of fulfilling DEP requirements when tracking pest. use. As you can see, most already have their business set up (QBooks, etc.) and can benefit from pest. usage software. Take a poll how many guys use a pen and paper, or 'home made' spreadsheets.

Team Gopher
07-26-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi Ken,

Thank you again for your invaluable insight. We will be adding this to our wish list!
Let's try a poll on that topic!

KLMlawn
07-28-2003, 02:21 AM
OK, I gotta do it .... Groundskeeper Pro ....!

d.macpeak
04-27-2007, 10:24 PM
I looked at those as well but settled on q-clip pro made by sensible software www.clip.com Lawn Monkey too expensive, and groundskeeper more difficult to use.

Shades of Green LService
04-27-2007, 11:08 PM
www.cbsbillmaster.com
had the software for 13 years.
anthony

Ant-
That link doesn't work.

Shades of Green LService
04-27-2007, 11:10 PM
OK, I gotta do it .... Groundskeeper Pro ....!

It's a pretty good software. Been using it the past 2 years.

ant
04-28-2007, 10:05 PM
http://www.billmastersoftware.com/

17 years now and you cant beat it..

rcreech
04-28-2007, 11:21 PM
I just started using Groundskeeper Pro this year and really like it. They have a demo you can use before you jump into it.
I know it isn't as good as REALGREEN, but it does the job and fits my budget!
GOOD LUCK

Runner
04-30-2007, 04:17 AM
So this Billmaster will do routing and everything for about a thousand bucks? Or does it START at that, and you need this, that, and the other to do routing and such? Also, does it coincide with Quickbooks?

ant
04-30-2007, 06:57 PM
runner. call him tonight. the nice thing about this is if you need help he will do it for you on line . tell him anthony sent you..

MrBarefoot
04-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I found an application made by FMC, the same company that makes some of our weed control products. I am learning more about it as we speak.