PDA

View Full Version : Gas trimmers

newscaper
06-04-2003, 07:54 AM
Good morning. I am a newbie to the forum and need some advice. There are an overwhelming number of gas powered string trimmers available and I am looking to purchase a new one that will last for years. I ahev over 1 1/2 acres and lost of flower beds and some brush that will need to be cut about once a summer. Since I will be brush cutting, I assume a straight shaft is the way to go.

Questions -

Two or four cycle?
Stihl, Honda, Echo, Sindaiwa, etc.

I would love to hear fro those of you who have had positive or negative experiences with theses and other brands. I had planned to spend up to $375.00. That is the price of the new 4 cycle Honda.

Thanks,

Tim G.

Grassmechanic
06-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by newscaper

Questions -

Two or four cycle?
Stihl, Honda, Echo, Sindaiwa, etc.

I would love to hear fro those of you who have had positive or negative experiences with theses and other brands. I had planned to spend up to $375.00. That is the price of the new 4 cycle Honda.

Thanks,

Tim G.

you answered your own question.

Mike

blafleur
06-05-2003, 08:47 AM
If you spend that much on any of those companies products, you will get what you want. Some people have preferences, but they are all good.

Bryan

BladeRunner Rep
06-11-2003, 01:21 AM
If you want a 4stroke get a robin bh2500 I have used one for awhile and just love it! The unit is also available in the dolmar name and the makita brand, but I think the robin is the best priced label.

ElephantNest
06-11-2003, 07:31 AM
At the risk of sounding like a broken record....Shindaiwa has a track record like no other. Mine is 4 years old, never been in the shop. I've worked with T-270's ( Or T-27) that were over 10 years old, ran like new. It will cut a beer bottle in half with no sweat, so weeds are nothing to it.

rwleigh
06-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Around here shindaiwa is nowhere to be found. It is all redmax and robin, a few tanaka trimmers and some kawasaki.

che
06-23-2003, 04:23 PM
I own 2 kawasakis the KEL26A edger and the KBL23A trimmer love them both I don't know if anybody makes a lighter trimmer/edger and theyr'e powerful too check them out here;
http://www.jesmallengine.com/Kawasaki/kawasaki_products.htm
Hope this helps.