PDA

View Full Version : Weed Killer for Shrub/Flower Beds

Green Thumb Lawncare
06-04-2003, 09:58 AM
What is the going price for spraying weeds in flower beds for an average sized home. Mainly shrubs around the edges of the home?

Enviro Green
06-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Here the average home I work with is 6000-8000 square feet, and talk about mulch beds!

Tough to give an average figure, maybe you should figure it by the hour....

EG

Green Thumb Lawncare
06-05-2003, 09:08 AM
What is the going hourly rate, and what type of spray do you normally use? I have a good friend that can supply the large 2 1/2 gallon size concentrate Roundup. Is that pretty good, or would you suggest something else?

Grassmechanic
06-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Round-up is the best.

Mike

IndyPropertyCare
06-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Depends on the weed you are trying to rid of. Be very careful spraying around shrubs of any kind, most weed killers ( roundup etc ) will harm shrubs. The best way is the old fashion way " Hand pull " the weeds out and then go in a use spectracide / round up type liquid making sure you apply it directly to the root source and not the shrubs.

Turf Medic
06-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Green Thumb Lawncare
What is the going hourly rate, and what type of spray do you normally use? I have a good friend that can supply the large 2 1/2 gallon size concentrate Roundup. Is that pretty good, or would you suggest something else?

Are you licensed to spray herbicides????????

If not, the safest way is to sub the work out>

Grassmechanic
06-07-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by IndyPropertyCare
Depends on the weed you are trying to rid of. Be very careful spraying around shrubs of any kind, most weed killers ( roundup etc ) will harm shrubs. The best way is the old fashion way " Hand pull " the weeds out and then go in a use spectracide / round up type liquid making sure you apply it directly to the root source and not the shrubs.

Any plant, including trees, will be killed by Roundup if it comes in contact to the leaves. It is hard to remove all of the root systems on certain hard-to-kill weeds, i.e. prickly lettuce, thistle, grasses, etc. by handpulling. Roundup can be applied to weeds growing in shrubs by using a 1" paint brush and carefully applying it to the weeds. You don't need to paint the entire weed, just a leaf or two. I use a 5% solution and had excellent results.

Mike