PDA

View Full Version : spraying fruit trees

ccorts
06-04-2003, 12:01 PM
A customer would like a "general purpose" insecticide sprayed on his fruit trees. He has a few apples, pears and peach trees. Is there a product that may produce positive results without multiple applications, and if so, when is the best time to apply it?

Grassmechanic
06-04-2003, 02:04 PM
He needs to contact the local co-operative extension office. My experience with apple trees is that there are particular times they need to be sprayed, i.e. bud swell,pre-bloom, petal drop, so on and so forth. The co-operative ext. can give him bulletins outlining the type of chemicals and the proper time to apply. He has to be careful of application timing so he doesn't kill the bees that will do his pollinating.

Mike

ccorts
06-04-2003, 02:29 PM
You are probably right. I thought that there would be a lot more to it than he realizes. I don't want to make this a project, more like a quick favor. I better pass........Thanks

philk17088
06-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Be careful and check labels. Some pesticides can not be used on fruit due to their residiual. Also some can only be used until a certain development stage of the fruit.

Enviro Green
06-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Here:

http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/pmg/hga3.pdf

Read as much as you can (meaning all) and check out page 8 and on esp.

EG