PDA

View Full Version : scyle bar not mowing

Joemow
06-04-2003, 07:40 PM
We have a new New Holland tractor with a Allamo- Trimuph mower sycle bar that doesn't cut grass to well. It only "half cuts" and just knocks the rest over, wich in a day or so stands back up again. I've tryed different speeds & RPM's but the same results. The blades are also new. I've also tryed to raise the bar a few inches while mowing but the same results.
Can anyone help us out ?

GrassMaster84
06-04-2003, 08:16 PM
What kind of grass are you cutting? and also how tall and how frequent do you cut it?

Im asking because a sycle bar mower just cuts the stalk of the grass and doesn't chop or mow anything. People around here use the for cutting hay and its easier for the grass to be raked into rows and then baled if the grass is sill long..

Seon
06-04-2003, 10:13 PM
I'm sure you've greased and oiled the all the moving parts? It may be binding and not operating fully.

Joemow
06-06-2003, 08:41 PM
Grassmaster- We are cutting roadsides for the town highway dept, so there is different type of grasses. It is 99% grass we are mowing & average height is around 2 1/2 ft .

Seon- The sickle bar is in top running condition, greased every day & is not binding at all. It does seem to get clogged from the grass that has already been cut falling in front of the bar.

ffemt1271
06-22-2003, 12:43 PM
1. grease and oil it

2. tighten belts

3.reduce ground speed

4. increase rpm's

5.if you run over an ant hill STOP, shake it out and continue. the dirt it the bar will make it cut like s***

thats what we used to do out in the hay fields, maybe it will work for you.