PDA

View Full Version : Buisness Help

honesttrouble
06-05-2003, 01:10 AM
I am just starting a part time lawncare buisness, (had very small one last year, 2big yards), I was looking for some advice. Was on a very tight budget, i had to buy a actual riding mower (white 1500 turbo 42''). I loose speed and ease of maintance, but i kept some cash. What advice can i u give me as a beginer. How to price lawns, advertisment, and other do's and don'ts. I need both big and small advice, I really want this to become a full time buisness. Thanks for any advice u can give me

Green in Idaho
06-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by honesttrouble
Thanks for any advice u can give me

1)Read EVERY thread on this site that you think applies to you.

2) If you THEN have questions, use the search function at the top of the page.

3) THEN you might have a couple specific questions people can help you with.

BSDeality
06-05-2003, 03:01 PM
honesttrouble,

It's a tough call about that poll, what kind of machine is it? how many obstacles are there in the yard? (trees, bushes, playground, pool, etc)

Thats how i started out as well, using their equipment on their property, I'm currently trying to push them into letting me cut it with a commercial deck cause the machine they have just isn't cut out for professional mowing. But with using my machine comes "my" price and I don't want to scare them off.

Tell them you'll do it once for $70 and then be able to estimate if the price needs to be adjusted. riding/abusing their machine is ok, but what about your trim/cleanup time. On large properties trimming is VERY time consuming.

Good luck, and buy a commercial WB as soon as you can afford it and put it to good use on other properties.

Rustic Goat
06-06-2003, 02:57 AM
Do a search for anything and everything on this site by Eric Elm (may God rest and bless his sole), you will have a really good education in many sides of this business by then.