Green in Idaho
06-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Got got these today in the mail..

Green in Idaho
06-06-2003, 02:29 PM
part II

Darwin
06-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Green, sounds to me like these folks have their act together.

I would definately contact them in case you ever need a sub.

Green in Idaho
06-07-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Darwin
Green, sounds to me like these folks have their act together.

I would definately contact them in case you ever need a sub.

I contacted them to find who they were using for contractors. OF the two names they gave me I know for a fact that one does lousy work. Seen it and don't like it! I would not pursue JD Landscapes for that reason. BTW I'm not a contractor any longer- I do accounting now.

But to add to this, it is the first presence of a national landscape company in my area (300K+ people metro area). They're coming!

I think the big companies are going to be hitting the smaller markets in the West and will eventually saturate the landscape segment like they have with applications (TGCL). For example TG does applications here and has forever but they have not marketed the TruGreen LandCare (yet).

Mac, do you have a link to Lesco's forum?

DLCS
06-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Ya know people are worried about JD getting into the landscape business. If you read the fine print, they say that they sell the products only and that they hire a private contractor to do the installs. Nobody seems to be worried about Lesco getting into the application business and we all know that it would be real easy for them to start. But, that goes for all companies that supply our industry.

Darwin
06-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Green, I'm sorry if you took me that way I was just bein' a little sarcastic......LOL.

Green in Idaho
06-13-2003, 12:19 PM
I just got a call from one of the contractors related to my call to the JD Office.

Note: It's been a week to get a call back.

The lady left a msg for me to call to give info so they could bid on a sprinkler system. I have a sprinkler system! I never told the JD office I need a contractor for a system or anything else.

Darwin
06-14-2003, 01:24 AM
LMAO!!!!

Gene $immons
06-15-2003, 11:47 AM
I got the same mailer a few weeks ago. John Deere has bought out an existing nursery here in OKC, and also sells wholesale plants.

Why don't they do the installs themselves?

DLCS
06-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Gene Simmons
I got the same mailer a few weeks ago. John Deere has bought out an existing nursery here in OKC, and also sells wholesale plants.

Why don't they do the installs themselves?

Well, they would be cutting their own throats seeing as how we give them business with equipment and supply purchases. I don't know about you all but I don't want them to do installs. we don't need that kind of competition.

Lawn Tek
06-15-2003, 02:47 PM
John Deere is a company that is not to be trusted !
Their dealer's sweated their butts off for them selling their mowers and equipment . Now John Deere already has a fine dealer 's in many towns , but as soon as Home Depot waves some money at them , screw you my faithful dealer ! Now you have mass confusion in the dealers home town , selling the same stuff . What once was a protected dealership , has now been whored up by the John Deere . This is one of the most confused , ill run companies in America . Don't think for a minute they won't help themselves with your market . Boycot them . never buy green

DLCS
06-15-2003, 05:20 PM
So I guess we should boycott Snapper, Toro, MTD, and Lesco just to name a few. I've seen them in Wal Mart, Kmart,Lowes,Home Depot, True Value, and Ace Hardware. The company I used to work for make electrical tools for the proffesional electrician. A few years ago they decided to sell to Home Depot and Lowes. Well, those two hardware stores now have a majority of their business. So, whats those two store do? They tell the company how much they will pay for their product. The same will eventualy happen to John Deere and the others. So, instead of boycoting John Deere I boycot Home Depot and Lowes.

Lawn Tek
06-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by DLCS
So I guess we should boycott Snapper, Toro, MTD, and Lesco just to name a few. . [B]

None of the above is in the landscaping business , John Deere is .

DLCS
06-16-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Lawn Tek
[B]

None of the above is in the landscaping business , John Deere is .

They are a nursery and supplier. They do not do installs.

Lanelle
06-16-2003, 01:05 AM
I believe that some of their locations are providing installation services, possibly by sub-contracting with a local company.

Lawn Tek
06-16-2003, 08:12 PM
Look at the brochure , if your not one of their chosen subs, yea they are your competition !

lilred731
06-16-2003, 09:45 PM
DLCS did you used to work for KLEIN?

DLCS
06-16-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by lilred731
DLCS did you used to work for KLEIN?

No, I worked for Ideal Industries.