PDA

View Full Version : time frame between mulching kit or discharge it

ANDERSON
06-08-2003, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking about buying a mulching kit for my '03 Scag 48in. tiger cub. I want my yards to look there best. The dealer said it will slow me down. Well, how much? Thanks for the help.

Hawkeye5
06-09-2003, 11:23 AM
I run with a mulch kit on my Exmark LHP all the time. Slow me down? I don't think so. If it does, it's not enough to notice on a normal (is there such a thing?) lawn. I do have one property that was fertilized in May so with all the rain it has been growing like mad. I do slow down a bit on that one, but because the grass grows so much and is thick.

glenjr10
06-10-2003, 03:40 PM
I purchased my Mulching kit when i bought my gravely 32" w/b and have never had to slow down, on a my standard service yards. I did, though on a lot that was extremely high, so i slowed down a little, (thick grass and tall).

my .02

ANDERSON
06-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Thanks for you opinions.............. a mulching we will go!

mtdman
06-12-2003, 03:07 AM
I started with mulching kits on all my lawn mowers. After being very frustrated with having to blow and/or double mow to get rid of clumping, I decided to go back to discharge. IMHO, the cut is bettter with discharge, and the lawns look a lot nicer. I was blowing clippings and clumps with a mulch kit, might as well blow with a discharge and get a better cut, right? Discharge has worked a lot better for me. Most people in my area discharge as well.

That's my 2 cents.

:D